110-111

Chapter 110: Subduing Pei Lang

"There are thousands of people in the world and tens of thousands of businesses, everyone have a way of living. As for me, one do not find that a female from a brothel is cheaper than others but the world view it as such." Shen Miao said, "Like my Guard Mo, he is a servant but no one will look down on him. My personal servants even have people who would envy them. The matter of the world is such and people are separated by three, six and nine ranks. Who do not want to be a person on top of others, and who is willing to be trampled everyday by others?"

"You!" Liu Ying most hated others bringing up the matter of her being debased to prostitution and would always become angry.

Shen Miao said, "You may wish to consider it."

"Since Young Lady look down on people who are reduced to dust, then why the need to say these words to me." Liu Ying retorted with a laugh.

"What I look down, is people who are willing to be reduced to dust." Shen Miao stood up and said, "After a few days, Guard Mo will come again so Young Lady Liu Ying do not need to be in a hurry to answer me. But... Usually there would not be a good ending for those who treat others according to appearances."

Shen Miao gave a look to Mo Qing and he quickly took out a piece of tael and placed in on the table. Liu Ying swept her eyes at him with some anger on her face. Mo Qing was very embarrassed and Shen Miao did not plan on staying any longer, so she nodded her head to Liu Ying and left. One did not know what kind of expression did Liu Ying had on when Shen Miao left.

Only when they were out of Bao Xiang Lou's doors, Jing Zhe said indignant, "Young Lad... Young Master has good intentions to redeem her but she did not appreciate it. Good intentions do not meet with recompense."

Mo Qing wanted to say something but at the end endured it.

Gu Yu asked, "Young Lady, are we going back now?"

Shen Miao did not reply and did not move her body at all. Gu Yu felt somewhat strange and seeing that Shen Miao was seemingly looking at something, she followed her gaze and saw that across the street corner there stood a green clad person, who was looking at the little building of Bao Xiang Lou.

Before Gu Yu had time to speak, one saw Shen Miao lifting her feet to walk over.

Under the eaves, a green cladded male was standing straight and closely staring toward the direction of Liu Ying's building. He was so entranced that he did not know that people walked to his side. Only when a cough interrupted his thoughts, then he saw four people standing in front of him. The one leading was a youth clad in moon white robes with clear and delicate brows and looking like a carved jade, he was unsure which family's young gentleman did he belong to. At that moment when he was looking, there was a faint smile on his lips.

Pei Lang was stunned and just thought that this youth was seemingly familiar. The youth nodded towards him, "Teacher Pei."

"Shen Miao!" Pei Lang stared back with large eyes. He looked at the attendants and guards behind Shen Miao before looking back at her. Most likely he was somewhat shocked, "You... Why are you dressed like this?"

It was no less common for a female to dress as male in Ming Qi as for conveniences, many young ladies would occasionally don male clothes, and sometimes it was done pretty good. But Shen Miao... Pei Lang looked at the jade-like youth and did not know what to say in that moment.

"I just came out from Bao Xiang Lou." Shen Miao said.

All of a sudden Pei Lang started coughing till his face was somewhat red. It was already unusual for a female to dress up as male, but it was his first time hearing of a female dressing up as a male to visit a brothel. But Shen Miao still had a magnanimous look on, without a trace of embarrassment.