69-70

Chapter 69: In Captivity

"Shen Miao?"

"Exactly." Su Ming Feng was somewhat surprised of Xie Jing Xing's attitude. He suddenly remembered something and mischievously laughed, "Is not she the young lady that you saved during the academy examination? So to say, she has some courage and was not too ugly. Wei Qian, this kid is actually living in plenty without appreciating it."

He saw that Xie Jing Xing was deep in thought and could not help but be surprised, "Hey, could it be that you really fancy that young lady?"

Xie Jing Xing sneered and he swept a look at Su Ming Feng, "You are very idle?"

"Of course I am idle." Su Ming Feng frowned, "I am now 'seriously ill' and cannot go to court and resort to play with cats and dogs in the residence. You also do not often appear and are very close to that physician, Gao Yang. Are you keeping some things from me?"

It was said that the friendship that one made when young was not shallow, but as one grew up Xie Jing Xing became very mysterious. Although he had reminded him on the matter of the Su family, but towards Xie Jing Xing, Su Ming Feng did not know anything at all.

Xie Jing Xing threw a fruit to him, "Just eat it."

Obviously he was not going to continue this conversation, and Su Ming Feng's eyes flashed and a trace of a bitter smile showed in his lips but he did not say anything.

*****

Not too long after the Shen family received the Wei family card, Ren Wan Yun also let Xiang Lan invite Shen Gui over to Cai Yun Yuan.

After Shen Qing's matter, there was a rift between the relationship of Shen Gui and Ren Wan Yun, and both of them did not talk at all. These days the relationship was as cold as ice.

This time Ren Wan Yun took the initiative to take the soft approach.

Xiang Lan and Cai Ju simultaneously entered to greet Shen Gui, and Ren Wan Yun sat in front of the table with somewhat melancholic eyes.

"What is it with you this time?" Shen Gui's tone was still very harsh. In the beginning because of Shen Qing, Ren Wan Yun scolded him ruthlessly and it made Shen Gui extremely unpleased. Even though he admired Ren Wan Yun for being able to handle all the things internally and externally well, he was not a broadminded person, not to mention being pointed and scolded by a shrew.

"Master is here." Ren Wan Yun looked at him in fatigue and with a haggard face. She had always been smart and high-spirited and would not ever have such a look. When Shen Gui saw this scene, his heart has softened a third. Knowing that Ren Wan Yun loved Shen Qing and had used a lot of energy in handling Shen Qing's matter. She was after all his first wife and he had to give her face. So he scolded Xiang Lan and Cai Ju, "How did Furen become this haggard? How do you all take care of mistress?"

Ren Wan Yun also heard Shen Gui's mild tone and she was happy in her heart so she caressed her head and gave in, "It was not because of them but it was me who worried about Qing-er. Thus these few days the meals have no taste and the nights are sleepless due to the extreme sadness in one's heart."

"Since Qing-er's matter is out, it is useless to think more about it. It would be better to build up one's health since the entire residence would still need you to manage." Shen Gui glanced at Ren Wan Yun. Previously it was Ren Wan Yun that manages the house so naturally he had many advantages to it, like when the public fund was used as gifts, Ren Wan Yun could make it as though there was no mistakes. Now that Ren Wan Yun needed to take care of Shen Qing, Chen Rou Qiu temporarily had the power to manage the family and thus things were not as convenient as before. Moreover these advantages now belonged to the Third household which made Shen Gui unhappy.