Chapter 75: Intended Plan

Shen Xin and wife finally returned back to the residence in the evening. Accompanying them back to the residence was a carriage full of rewards that were bestowed by the Palace. If it was like before, these rewards would have definitely be kept at the Shen residence's public fund but today, Luo Xue Yan let the servants directly carry those chests into the Western courtyard.

The rewards from the Palace were lavish and expensive, and the servants of the Eastern courtyard could only look on helplessly as the chests passed by their courtyard. From time to time, there were sounds of objects breaking coming from Rong Jing Tang. Obviously that extremely cheapo Old Shen Furen was furious about the matter, and was putting on a tantrum for others to see.

But people from the military did not care for such a tantrum. The chests still continued their journey and very efficiently, everything was quickly moved over.

Shen Miao was sitting in front of the table reading. She was reading all about Ming Qi's political and legal orders, and those poetry books that Gu Yu and the rest brought for her were thrown aside without even glancing a look at them.

One could hear hearty laughter coming from outside the door, "Jiao Jiao!"

Shen Miao turned her head and saw Shen Xin striding in with Luo Xue Yan following closely behind. They probably came over here directly upon their return to the residence as they did not even change their clothes. Shen Qiu was right at the end and winked and made a face at her.

Shen Miao stood up and rushed towards them to greet, "Father, Mother, Eldest Brother."

Shen Xin and wife could not help but be stunned with her gentle look. Shen Miao was not close with them and in the past when they returned, she would leave after a few words and would be very impatient. This appearance of harmony have not been seen since a very long time. However in that gentleness, there was a slight alienation but even though it was very small, Shen Xin and Luo Xue Yan as parents were sensitive to it.

Shen Miao sighed slightly in her heart. She was unable to be like a normal fourteen year old girl and whine to Shen Xin but also could not pretend as if nothing had happened. In the previous life it was her that dragged the Shen family down so when she faced Shen Xin and Luo Xue Yan, guilt filled her heart and truthfully it was hard to be close.

Luo Xue Yan felt that her heart paused a moment and the care and concern for her daughter quickly overshadowed that suspicious point. She took a few steps forward and grabbed Shen Miao's hand before asking anxiously, "How is Jiao Jiao feeling? Is there anywhere that is uncomfortable?"

"It is all right." Shen Miao smiled gently as she replied.

"Jiao Jiao, Father had gotten a few big chests of precious stuff from the Palace today. When you are better, go pick something you like in the morning. Those jewellery and whatever hairpin, I heard they are first-rated in the entire capital." Shen Xin words were pleasing to hear. Seeing such a tall and muscular man carefully noticing his daughter's favourites, it made some people feel weird.

Shen Miao smiled gently, "Thanking Father but this matter is not a rush. Just place those precious stuff in the safe in our courtyard. In the long course of time, I will go and take a pick if there was an interest one day."

When the words were spoken, the expressions on the people in the room changed.

In the past, when Shen Xin carried such chests back, naturally he let Shen Miao select first and the rest would be sent to the public fund. He had always doted on his daughter and no one refuted his words, because these rewards were earned by Shen Xin's spears and swords. But if it was like in the past, Shen Miao would not pick for herself first and let Shen Yue and Shen Qing finish picking, and after Second and Third household finished picking then she would start to select. This was because she was close to Second and Third household so that was what she did before.