208-209

Chapter 208: Interrogating

"Shen Miao, is it that if I did not instruct people to call you, you will not come over at all?"

The atmosphere in the room got cold. His gaze was as sharp as knife and even though his face was pale, his visor was not weakened.

Shen Miao said, "You have really thought too much."

"Do you have any matters that are concealed from me?" Xie Jing Xing asked.

Shen Miao shook her head, "No." How to say it? In all fairness, this lifetime was completely differently from the previous one and Xie Jing Xing might not have anything to do with Mei Furen. However when Fu Ming and Wan Yu were implicated, she could not see this matter objectively and rationally.

If she did not have any affection for Xie Jing Xing, perhaps it would be much easier. The most fearful thing was that emotions complicate matters. Hate would not be hate, love would not be love and at the end it would breed countless of fears and one would not have any courage to face the issue in front.

Xie Jing Xing looked at her deeply and Shen Miao feared that her hidden thoughts could be seen and said, "Since your health is better, one should rest more. The night is long, sleep early after taking the medication." She then stood up and turn around to leave.

"You just cannot wait to leave?" Xie Jing Xing's voice was heard from behind and it seemed to consist of some invisible grievances, "One heard that these few days you have not come over to see me. However the first thing I thought when I opened my eyes was that you must be frightened." His lips twitched as his eyes hang down, "It is me that imagined too much emotions."

Shen Miao did not say anything and pushed the doors to walk out. After taking a few steps, she stopped.

Xie Jing Xing would definitely notice her adnormalities and with his level of sensitivity, if he discover it, then she would not be able to explain her secret. The matter of Chang Zai Qing was related to her family but this Li Mei and brother had never been encountered by her and they were Xie Jing Xing's benefactors. It was because everyone in Long Ye knew about it, so nothing could happen to Li Mei and her brother as suspicion would be on her and it would also drag the residence of Prince Rui into the mud.

On the other hand, even though this would bring about a calamity, letting them live in this lifetime for an additional moment was a torture for Shen Miao thus she felt it was necessary to eradicate the enemies of her past lifetime. This was also related to Xie Jing Xing so Shen Miao felt that she had finally encounter her greatest problem after coming to Great Liang for this long.

Ba Jiao brought a bowl of medicine over and was startled when she saw Shen Miao, "Why did Furen come out so quickly? Why not accompany Master for a while?"

"There is no need." Shen Miao said, "Take good care of him." She then walked forward without turning her head back.

Two days later, Mo Qing brought the information that he had inquired to Shen Miao.

He said, "This pair of siblings are from Qin Province and is the children of a merchant family but they were adopted. This merchant family's Furen died early and the Master died of illness not too long ago. Before his death, he told them that both of them were not his biological children thus after they have buried their adopted Father, they came to Long Ye in search of their family. However there was not much clues."

"That is not possible." Shen Miao stood up.

Mo Qing said, "One could only inquire this much information. This subordinate instructed people to inquire about it at Qin Province's side and the entire neighborhood all knew of them and watch the siblings grow up."