88-89

Chapter 88: Soft-hearted 

"Do not look at me, I will not be able to bear."

Time suddenly stopped strangely in that moment and everything seemed to have lost its sound. The entire room of burning torches, it was less comparable than that person moving eyes. It was clearly an intimate appearance, a lover whispering ambiguously but in a twinkling of an eye, it was filled with a thick intention to kill.

Xie Jing Xing's eyes looked down and there was a slight warmth feeling on his palm, one seemingly was able to feel the eyelashes moving like butterfly wings, fluttering away but unable to fly away.

"Gao Yang, go out." Xie Jing Xing said.

Gao Yang frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Go out first." Xie Jing Xing calmly said.

Gao Yang glanced at him and did not say anything before picking that thing that was wrapped with cloth and walked out. After the footsteps had disappeared, Xie Jing Xing then slowly let go.

When unfolding his hand, on the fair palm, there seemed to be crystals under the light of the torch.

Just now, Shen Miao seemed to have cried.

Xie Jing Xing lazily spoke, "It is just death. Cry for what." He wanted to say more but he suddenly shut up when he saw the look of the young female in front.

Shen Miao's brows were clear and there was a bit of childishness on her face, but today the coldness covered her face till nothing else could be seen. Her eyes were as clear as water but there was no look of sadness at all. Just now was most likely a fake-out as she was not scared at all. Xie Jing Xing heart flashed but he saw Shen Miao suddenly raised her hand and headed to his chest. This vicious and ruthless attack, if it was anyone else, she would have startled them. But Xie Jing Xing only slightly moved and his hand gripped onto Shen Miao's left arm. Shen Miao was pulled by him and almost fell into Xie Jing Xing's embrace. But he saw her taking out something from her sleeves and stabbed it into Xie Jing Xing's arm without hesitation.

That hairpin was very small and one would not see it if one did not pay attention. Shen Miao's action was ruthless and did not hesitate when she attacked, so the hairpin was buried in the arm of her capturer. Xie Jing Xing's eyes darkened and with the wave of a hand, Shen Miao was thrown to the front of the stone wall again.

Xie Jing Xing hand was holding onto Shen Miao's delicate neck, it seemed that with just a little more force, her neck could be easily broken. His voice was slightly deep and there was an undetectable anger, "Worthy to be General residence's people. Learnt completely how to mount a sneak attack."

When Shen Miao's eyes fell onto Xie Jing Xing's arm, half of the hairpin was stabbed in and blood was flowing out staining his sleeves red making them stuck onto his arm. Xie Jing Xing looked towards Shen Miao's eyes and smiled in a not concerned way, "It is alright even if there is poison as I will definitely kill you before that."

His eyes were extremely beautiful which would make one feel fascinated by watching them. If that smile but not a smile was seen by the Ding capital's young lady, it probably would cause a ruckus. But in Shen Miao's eyes, it had hidden an indifference.

What kind of person was Xie Jing Xing? He seemed to be very complicated and his image in the Ding capital was that he had ability but trifled without respect, and his rebellious temper made him unable to be controlled by anyone, and also unable to flex his muscles in his career. But at this moment Shen Miao was doubting if the Xie Jing Xing in everyone's eyes was the real Xie Jing Xing? He was extremely aggressive and this kind of person hid themselves so deep, was he intentionally scheming for the country?