114-115

Chapter 114: No Trivial Hate

"Ouch." Su Ming Feng screamed out, "Whatever for do you kick me? I just now wanted to warn her but she drank so fast. What can I do?" Su Ming Feng sized Xie Jing Xing, "Speaking of which, the person at the disadvantage is also others and not you, why do you care about it."

Xie Jing Xing ignored him and sat down in front of the table before questioning seriously, "The matter of the military horses that she spoke about is true?"

Hearing that, Su Ming Feng's face became ugly and under Xie Jing Xing's sharp look, he said with a severe tone, "Correct."

"Why did you hide it from me?" Xie Jing Xing asked pressingly. Su Ming Feng shook his head and said wryly, "The matter was only privately discussed between my father and me and I did not even tell others, much less my Father. This is a matter in which one's official hat can drop easily, so who will speak of it lightly. I initially wanted to tell you in these days... But how did Young Lady Shen know of the matter? Could it be that they also have some familiar people in the military horses? But the people in the military horses that is involved in the matter, would not in any way speak about it."

Xie Jing Xing glanced at Su Ming Feng, although Su Ming Feng was considered a person brimming with talent, he has been protected rigorously by the Su family since young, and did not experience any big winds or storm. Speaking of which, there was an endless stream of cards in Shen Miao's hands and each time it was beyond his expectations. Xie Jing Xing gave Shen Miao a 'retreat' strategy, but did not think that Shen Miao would not even use his strategy at all. By aligning with the Su and other families to condemn Shen Xin, it was the very opposite strategy and could actually solve Shen Xin's immediate predicament. However the Emperor's mind was unpredictable so even if this time Shen Xin was spared, the Shen family army's military might will still remain strong, and one day would be regarded as an eye-sore. One could hide once but could not hide a lifetime.

It is just that... Did Shen Miao really not thought of this layer? Xie Jing Xing did not think so.

Seeing Xie Jing Xing being quiet, and that his usual cynical look on his face was replaced by a pondering frown, Su Ming Feng became nervous. He was aware that even though this good friend looked casual, he had a better understanding than anyone on the matters of court. Su Ming Feng questioned, "Is there any problem?"

Xie Jing Xing shook his head, "Just what do you think about it?"

"From the horse illness to become a horse plague, it is indeed very probable. Moreover the matter is so serious, and Father is in charge of the management of the military horses. Once anything occurs, the Su family will have to bear the brunt of it." Su Ming Feng said, "If Young Lady Shen did not lie to me, I think it is worth a try. Even though it is a bit difficult to persuade Father, but... I will do my best." After pausing, Su Ming Feng looked towards Xie Jing Xing, "What do you think about this deal?"

Xie Jing Xing's eyebrows raised, "The biggest winner of this transaction is not you, but you will not be at a disadvantage." He looked at Su Ming Feng, "Do as she says."

Su Ming Feng lowered his head and said with some hesitation, "But... To impeach Shen Xin in alliance, she is not afraid that she will outsmart herself."

"Do not you realise?" Xie Jing Xing said with a smile but not a smile, "She could feel out the Emperor's mind clearly than you."

Su Ming Feng did not speak but saw Xie Jing Xing standing up. Su Ming Feng was stunned, "Where are you going?"

"The request for commander." Xie Jing Xing went back to that previous lazy appearance, "One must let the Marquis of Lin An take a look at it."

*****