148-149

Chapter 148: Demanding A Kiss

In the winter night, the tea was cold along with the snacks, but the handsome and proud youth was not even a little disgusted with this.

Even it was just an appearance of eating normal food, it was as elegant and moving as a painting. Shen Miao slightly pulled the wick on the table lamp, and noticed that the clothes on Xie Jing Xing's back were filled with coldness, as if he had just returned from outside and said, "You had been here the whole time?"

It could not be that Xie Jing Xing was hanging from the tree in Shen mansion all this time. Thinking that they were just casual words, Shen Miao did not truly believe that the Prince Rui would have nothing to do all day.

Xie Jing Xing smiled without a care, "Was not it you that asked me to kill Princess Ming An?"

Shen Miao was startled for a while and looked at Xie Jing Xing before asking, "You killed her?"

"More than that."

Shen Miao did not speak. She had in fact experienced Xie Jing Xing's means and methods before. Two years ago when Xie Jing Xing was still the Little Marquis of the residence of the Marquis of Lin An, those masked people that appeared during the lantern festival, he did not leave a single one alive and cleaned it all up. Two years later in the secret chambers in the residence of the Marquis of Lin An, he also dealt with Xie Chang Chao cleanly and neatly. Actually at some times, Shen Miao felt that Xie Jing Xing do possess certain qualities that an Emperor should have. But Xie Jing Xing and Fu Xiu Yi were not the same kind of people, most probably because in order to put up an act during the game of the throne, Fu Xiu Yi endured for so many years but Xie Jing Xing would arrogantly use the most direct methods for confrontation.

Perhaps this was the Imperial family of the Great Liang's pride.

Shen Miao thought for a while before shaking her head. The Great Liang was so far away and what it had to do with her? Upon looking at Xie Jing Xing again, she suddenly felt that the current situation now was somewhat strange. Since when had Shen Miao tied herself together with Xie Jing Xing? Could it be that she really treated Xie Jing Xing as an ally?

She asked, "What did you do to her?" How would Xie Jing Xing deal with Princess Ming An? Shen Miao actually looked forward for it a little and this had a little maliciousness in it. After staying deep in the Inner Palace for so long, Shen Miao had never seen a kind female who could not see blood at all. Moreover with such a malicious person with vicious means like Princess Ming An, Shen Miao would not have the slightest sense of pity for her.

"Looking forward that much?" Xie Jing Xing looked at her laughingly and said lazily, "You will know about it tomorrow."

Shen Miao thought about the meaning behind Xie Jing Xing's words. How lively would Princess Ming An death be? She asked, "How about Xie Chang Wu?"

Xie Jing Xing even dare to take action against Princess Ming An, so there was no reason to Let Xie Chang Wu go.

Indeed one heard Xie Jing Xing said, "Killed."

"Are you not afraid that the Marquis of Lin An would be upset about the matter?" Shen Miao asked as she looked at him.

The fire was burning hotly in the room as Xie Jing Xing picked up the teacup and took a sip. His thin lips that were soaked in tea became a little red, and his smile was just as casual as always, "What does the family matters of the Marquis of Lin An got to do with me?"

It was obviously words of little feelings, but Shen Miao felt a little self deprecation in that youth's careless smile, and her heart moved slightly.

Since the beginning with the handling of the Xie brothers, Xie Jing Xing did really cut off all ties and relationship with the residence of the Marquis of Lin An. Because if there was one day when Xie Ding investigated his whereabouts, even if Xie Ding was not hostile to Xie Jing Xing initially, he would never let it down due to the death of the Xie brothers. Father and son became enemies, even though they were not real father and son, did Xie Jing Xing really had no emotions as he portrayed on the surface, or was it that he had hidden all the emotions, be it good or bad, under that pair of always smiling eyes?