192-193

Chapter 192: Marrying Off

On the eight day of the first month, it was a rare auspicious day in the calendar that it was good for marriage, funeral and also to start on a journey. Just as the sun rose, Shen Miao was quickly awoken by Jing Zhe and Gu Yu to start dressing up.

Initilly Shen Miao had thought that no matter what happen, she would not be able to sleep the night before but who knew when the day arrived, she slept especially soundly. It was as if she had returned to her carefree childhood times.

Because of the good sleep, her face looked more translucent and bright. Bai Lu and Shuang Jiang brought some exquisite cakes and each one were make tiny. Bai Lu said, "Young Lady eat some to fill up the stomach fist. The wedding ceremony is cumbersome today, one cannot be hungry on the way." She then picked a bowl of porridge, "This is the winter porridge that Furen personally made early in the morning. One will be lucky and everything will go according to one's wishes upon drinking it!" 

Shen Miao picked the bowl up and slowly drank it.

One's heart was somewhat emotional upon thinking of how one raised children.

In the previous lifetime she was married to Fu Xiu Yi because she made a fuss and threw tantrums with her family, forcing Shen Xin to agree as he had no other way. But there were more people who came for the excitement than to give blessings. Luo Xue Yan was so angry with her that she fell ill and could barely finish the marriage ceremony, so how would she have the mood or energy to make porridge?

Unlike now, everyone in the residence was filled with joy and were all working hard for her. Shen Miao vaguely felt that this marriage seemed to be excellent.

After finish eating, Luo Xue Yan came in and a middle-aged woman followed behind. This female's appearance was not outstanding but made other's gaze be attracted to her. The clothes she wore were exquisite and it made one remember her at the bottom of one's heart.

"This is Mei NiangZi (direct translation: Wife Mei)." Luo Xue Yan smiled, "She is here specially to be your auspicious NiangZi."

Shen Miao was slightly surprised.

Mei NiangZi was a very famous person in Ding capital. She was born in an official family but started a business despite the opposition at home. What more was that the business was selling of rouge, perfume, clothes and jewelry. There were numerous delicate females that were raised in Ding capital and those young ladies of official families were not short of money as long as their love of beauty was satisfied.

Mei NiangZi's rouge, perfume, clothes and jewelry were precisely the best and unique. Even though Mei NiangZi was a merchant, no one dared to underestimate her.

However the most outstanding craftsmanship of Mei NiangZi was putting on makeup for other. There was once a Prince in Ming Qi who was marrying a Consort and that Consort had some friendship with Mei NiangZi, thus Mei NiangZi became her auspicious NiangZi and people said that Prince Consort's appearance was most probably the most beautiful since the founding of Ming Qi.

However, for Mei NiangZi to be another's auspicious NiangZi, it was all because she had some friendship with the other party and others did not have such good luck. For so many years, Mei NiangZi had not been any one else's auspicious NiangZi.

Shen Miao was surprised as she smiled, "I did not think that Mei NiangZi would be willing to do me the honour."

Mei NiangZi smiled, "May WangFei not say such things. When this servant saw WangFei, one felt a fate and wanted to come over to seek some auspiciousness and thicken one's face to come over. If WangFei does not despise this servant's skills, this servant's heart is satisfied."

These merchants' mouths were all powerful as they could speak to both humans and ghosts. Shen Miao naturally did not believe the words of fate. She was thinking that it could be that Shen Xin gave this Mei NiangZi a large sum of money but after thinking for a bit, this Mei NiangZi was not short on money that she even do business according to her feelings so why would she care about these worldly benefits?

Just as she was thinking about it, Mei NiangZi had stepped forward and said with a smile, "WangFei, the hairstyle of a bride is very complicated. One request for the wedding dress to be worn before this servant can put up the makeup on you."