196-197

Chapter 196: Emperor Yong Le

In the morning of the second day, Shen Miao would be following with Xie Jing Xing to the Palace to see Emperor Yong Le. Because this was the first meeting, she had to wear the official clothes of the grade of what a WangFei of First Grade should wear. When Xie Jing Xing came out, SHen Miao could not help but be startled.

Great Liang's and Ming Qi's court attires were definitely different. Ming Qi's style geared towards delicate and beauty while Great Liang geared towards noble bearing. Xie Jing Xing wore a purple gold robe with embroidered Qilin and the official hat and green agate belt, it looked extremely imposing. The usual frivolous appearance was shed off and now he appeared to be somewhat unapproachable.

Shen Miao had a meal with him before boarding the carriage to the palace. Because of yesterday's matters, Shen Miao had felt somewhat uncomfortable but Xie Jing Xing seemed to be very satisfied with her appearance and when they were in the carriage, he mentioned it in a vile manner.

Shen Miao thought that this person really had no scruples because he was in Great Liang but because it was the first time meeting Emperor Yong Le, her heart was somewhat heavy but because of Xie Jing Xing's teasing, it became much more relaxed.

The residence of Prince Rui of First Rank was not far from the Palace and one did not know if this was done deliberately by Xie Jing Xing. When the guards of the Palace saw Xie Jing Xing, they released their carriage immediately. As Jing Zhe and Gu Yu were Shen Miao first ranking maids, they followed behind Shen Miao but dared not even breath loudly and walked carefully, fearing that any discourteous action would bring trouble for Shen Miao.

The palace maids and eunuchs of Great Liang's Imperial Palace were all doing their work with their heads lowered but when Shen Miao walked passed, she could feel some inquiring gazes on her. Since it was her first time in the Imperial Palace of Great Liang, perhaps everyone was talking about what kind of wife did Xie Jing Xing marry. The commoners were tolerant of her but people with official positions were different. In addition, Xie Jing Xing had a sensitive identity and if Shen Miao did not guess incorrectly, the position of the Consort of Prince Rui was one that a lot of people would fight for.

Her every move and action were not only representing that she was Rui WangFei but also represent the demeanor of the Shen family of Ming Qi.

Thinking as so, Shen Miao could not help but straighten her back even more and look more dignified. Unconsciously she had brought out the bearing of her past lifetime as an Empress.

Xie Jing Xing noticed her action and smiled meaningfully before whispering to her ears, "No need to be this nervous. You are almost as comparable as the Empress."

Shen Miao glared at him. What kind of time this was? Xie Jing Xing was still this cheeky. There were many eyes and ears in the Palace and most likely there were Emperor Yong Le's people. If Xie Jing Xing's words were carried into the ears of Emperor Yong Le, would she be given a name of a beauty who brings disaster? Thinking of the being a virtuous and respectable Empress in the past lifetime, she had not been an troublesome and disastrous beauty before.

Just as she was thinking about it, Xie Jing Xing took her hand and Shen Miao quickly struggled to break free, "Someone will see..."

"What would be the matter if someone sees?" Xie Jing Xing was not happy, "Do one need others agreement for this Prince to hold WangFei's hand?"

Shen Miao wanted to say something when she saw that she had walked to a side hall with Xie Jing Xing and there was a fat eunuch who stood outside the door. When he saw both of them, he said, "Greetings to Your Highness Prince of First Rank, His Majesty and Her Ladyship have been waiting for a long time."