154-155

Chapter 154: Overflowing help

Currently the Shen residence has exploded.

Most likely because Shen Wan said to let Shen Yue married into the Wang family as a PinQi (aka equal wife), and this finally made Shen Yue to panic. On the situation where Shen Yue had no other ideas, she actually made a bold move and escaped from the Shen residence. Before leaving, she also cleared off all the gold and silver in the room and left a big mess for Chen Rou Qiu.

Shen Wan was naturally furious and shouted angrily at Chen Rou Qiu, "I told you to watch over her properly. How then could she escape?"

Chen Rou Qiu was naturally scared in her heart. Her heart ached for her daughter and did not completely confine Shen Yue up, just like what Shen Wan said to. She did not expected that Shen Yue would make use of her love for her like this. Now that Shen Yue ran away, she also did not know what to do and could only say to Shen Wan, "One have already sent people out to search. Master, Yue-er did not intentionally do it. She is scared."

Even at such a time, she still did not know what was wrong, and was still looking for excuses for Shen Yue. Shen Wan scoffed, "She is scared? She was scared and still could exchange marriage with others? Scared and still could run away from home? Being properly betrothed makes one a wife, while those who run away would be a concubine. I, Shen Wan, do not have a daughter that is this shameless!"

"How could you say that of her?" Chen Rou Qiu's eyes widened, "That is your daughter!"

Shen Wan had been a civil official for his life and would rarely say such serious words, moreover he was scolding his own daughter. Chen Rou Qiu dared not believe her own eyes. After Shen Wan said those words, he looked at Chen Rou Qiu and there was a trace of impatience and disgust in them, before he turned around and walked out of the room.

Chen Rou Qiu's sensitive perception had felt that there was something wrong with Shen Wan, and almost fell to the ground weakly. She grabbed onto Shi Qing's hands and her nails deeply dived deep into them, making Shi Qing's face whiten in pain but she dared not move.

The quarrel in Qiu Shui Yuan quickly spread out to Rong Qing Tang. Old Shen Furen leisurely sipped tea and smiled indifferently when she heard it, "Do it. Just do it. Chen Rou Qiu can just do it. She still think she is a newly wedded daughter-in-law." After pausing, she then spoke again, "What kind of mother would have that kind of daughter. Each one of them cause all the trouble for me."

Zhang Mama carefully massaged her shoulders, "One do not know if the people searching for Third Young Lady would have found her?"

"Care for her for what?" Old Shen Furen became angry, "I do not know how capable she is, but after not too long she will come back with her tail between her legs. Throw away the Shen family reputation for nothing, let Number Three handle it, I do not want to manage these trifle matters." She suddenly thought of something and frowned, "Number Three is still heading to the Western courtyard?"

Zhang Mama nodded her head, "These days Third Furen and Third Master often squabble, thus Third Master headed towards the Western courtyard more frequently. Each trip would be almost half a day."

Old Shen Furen nodded her head and a trace of radiance appeared in her gaze, "Since this is the case then it is time for the road to be brighten. Quickly birth a son for Number Three, I still want to hold grandchildren." She laughed coldly, "Chen Rou Qiu, that stupid thing, should also see carefully how much she is weighted. Zhang Mama, go and do it. Lately nothing goes right for the Shen family. It is time to hold a joyous occasion to wash away the bad luck."

Zhang Mama nodded her head and complied.

On this night, Shen Wan had not return to the room and Chen Rou Qiu felt a whisper in her heart. Previously even if Shen Wan had social niceties outside, he would always send his servant over to pass an oral message, but one did not know where he went today. Thinking of the squabble this morning with Shen Wan, she could not help but be somewhat anxious in her heart. A female at her age was after all declining in her appearance, and was not as fresh as younger females that could give youth to men. Currently there was some disagreement between Shen Wan and her, it would be troublesome if one would bring in a woman from outside. Chen Rou Qiu was different from Ren Wan Yun, with just those thoughts from Shen Gui, Ren Wan Yun had long settled all the females that Shen Gui had brought in in droves. As long as Ren Wan Yun could sit securely on the position as the matriarch of the household, she did not care about others. Chen Rou Qiu had dominated Shen Wan's favour for so many years, and Old Shen Furen was not wrong with her words. Chen Rou Qiu was the extremely jealous type as she did not allow Shen Wan to have other women.