92-93

Chapter 92: Jade Rabbit Festival

"They have arrived."

With Xie Jing Xing's words, Gao Yang's joking expression was put away as he looked at him, "You are saying that they have arrived at Ding capital?"

"You guys should pay more attention these days." Xie Jing Xing frowned, "The thing in Prince Yu residence might have spread out and perhaps had exposed your identity. Do not go out for these few days."

"How can you do it alone?" Not waiting for Gao Yang to speak, Ji Yu Shu anxiously said, "You had already aroused their attention and now that they had entered Ding capital, they would definitely look for you and you cannot activate other people in the capital."

"No need to worry." Xie Jing Xing lazily stretched his waist and a trace of viciousness appeared in his smile, "I have waited for them to come for a long time."

"Third Xie Older Brother, are you going to teach someone a lesson again?" Ji Yu Shu looked at him with eyes sparkling, "Can you take me this time?"

"Alright.: Xie Jing Xing casually said, "You can be a target then."

Gao Yang, "..."

*****

The matter about Prince Yu and the Shen family in the Ding capital was soon drowned in the joy of the approaching new year. It was after all the new year and everywhere was surrounded by a lively atmosphere. That tragic massacre on that stormy winter, as well as the gloomy despairing suicide in the prison was soon left behind of everyone's mind.

Nothing was more important than welcoming the new year and time would not stop. New snow would cover the old snow, new conversations would replace the old ones and new hopes would always be preferred over the past.

The Emperor in the Palace also did not show any reactions and even spent a lot of money to hold a Palace banquet, and invited all the Ladyships and concubines to welcome the new year. Obviously the death of his blood Younger Brother had not caused Emperor Wen Hui to feel sad. This made the common people feel that the rumours of the ruthlessness of the Imperial family were indeed true, but the really smart people would know that Emperor Wen Hui had nipped the problem in the bud and it was handled so cleanly, thus was secretly happy. So even if the Government Office was unable to find out the perpetrator of the extermination of the entire household and the case became an unsolved case, Emperor Wen Hui did not pursue it.

Shen Qing was buried together with Prince Yu in the Royal tomb. But because Shen Qing committed suicide and her identity was overly awkward, the Imperial family did not give out any compensation. This made Old Shen Furen angry for a while.

In the Western courtyard, Bai Lu and Shuang Jiang were bringing the books out from Shen Miao's room to bask in the sun.

Shen Xin and Luo Xue Yan went early in the morning to practice drills with the new recruits, as there was a need for training due to the annual recruitment of new soldiers at year's end. Shen Qiu also followed to join in the fun thus Shen Miao was left alone in the Western courtyard.

"A few days ago, Eldest Young Master once against sent a number of books over. How about bringing those over to bask in the sun too?" Gu Yu asked Shen Miao.

"I still have uses for those books so there is no need to sun them." Shen Miao answered. Ever since Shen Qiu noticed the many military books in Shen Miao's room, he immediately told Shen Xin and Luo Xue Yan happily about it. Shen Xin and Luo Xue Yan also thought that she was temporary interested and be it as it may, they still ordered others to search for several military books.

If one did not know, they would think that the Shen family intended to raise a little female General. Naturally Shen Miao did not have any intention of being a female General, but it was due to the many dangers that the Shen family army would face in the future, and she could only rely on the possible problems that the Shen family army faced in the previous lifetime. Thus there was always no harm to read more.