168-169

Chapter 168: Peach Blossoms (Romances)

The Empress suddenly revealed this information and let the Shen family caught in an anxious situation. There was no doubt that Shen Xin and wife was not willing to let Shen Miao marry into the Imperial family. The most ruthless was the Imperial family. In addition to the many political considerations, it was because the complicated inner courtyard of the Imperial family. If Shen Miao were to marry in, with the many conspiracies, life would not go on easily. Wealth and honour was not worth the loss.

Shen Xin had the heart to marry Shen Miao off before the Imperial edict arrives. Before entering the Palace, because of Su Furen's matter, Shen Xin and Luo Xue Yan had already discussed the need of starting to prioritise Shen Miao's lifelong matter. Luo Xue Yan had already instructed the subordinates to specially prepare a list and in it, there were all the talented youths in Ding capital. The booklet also indicate these people's character, where do they stay, how many people were there in the household and where were their ancestral homes. Everything was inquired carefully and in detailed. Luo Xue Yan attack on the side by inquiring on Shen Miao's thoughts and once she heard that Shen Miao did not mind this method of looking for a husband, her heart settled and she seriously go all out to look for Shen Miao's husband.

The Shen family had military power in their grasp and had a very special place in Emperor Wen Hui's eyes thus it was not easy to casually choose one. Shen Xin did not take into consideration those officials that were powerful so as to prevent Emperor Wen Hui from feeling that they were creating an alliance. Thus the families that Luo Xue Yan and Shen Xin picked were those that had no ambitions with integrity and clean aristocratic families. As Shen Qiu was one who was forthright, he had a group of good brothers in the military and could help him to inquire about those people's character privately.

Shen Xin and Luo Xue Yan had planned this for Shen Miao but out of their expectation was that when Shen Xin slightly revealed the intention of marriage, the other party would smile and avoid it, either saying the their son were engaged or they were not in a rush to bring in a daughter-in-law. Shen Xin was one with a violent temper and also placed Shen Miao on his palm to dote. Others did not fancy Shen Miao, Shen Xin would not even look at them and left angrily with a brush of his sleeves.

However in the course of time, what he encountered were always this situation. Those young talents that they had picked with great difficulty would find an excuse of avoid it. One or two times would be coincidences but too many times would make one feel strange. Shen Xin also felt that there was something wrong and it was a General who was close to Shen Xin that told him that currently the officials all knew that the Imperial family had the intention to bestow Shen Miao to the Crown Prince. Shen Xin was finding in-laws at this end but who would dare to fight with the Imperial family for a female? Shen Miao would have avoided the fate of marrying into the Eastern Palace if she marries but it would definitely make the Imperial family displease with Shen Miao's in-laws family.

It was all for self protection. Even if the Shen family was successful and Shen Miao was smart and unflustered, no one dared to marry her.

When Shen Xin knew of the matter, he because pious at home. He only said that first he saw that those aristocratic families did not collude with worldly events but did not think that they were all as coward as tortoises. It was fortunate that Shen Miao did not marry over. How would these kind of irresponsible people hold the skies for Shen Miao in the future?

When Shen Miao heard the words that Bai Lu and Shuang Jiang inquired, she only smiled faintly.

Jing Zhe got worried, "Why is Young Lady not anxious? Now Furen and Master is very anxious. If this goes on, one would not be able to find a suitable person before the Imperial edict comes."