ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9

𝕴 smiled, slipping into my seat beside Marlene in the DADA classroom, waiting for Professor Moores

𝕴 smiled, slipping into my seat beside Marlene in the DADA classroom, waiting for Professor Moores. I snorted, bringing my textbook out of my bag whilst she painted her nails, singing a strange song to herself, flicking her hair back and forth when she moved her head and then cursing when she smudged her nail varnish.

"Perhaps if you stay still it won't smudge"

"Where's the fun in that, Willow?"

"Alright class, an interesting lesson for us all today. We are going to re cap a previous topic, so if you will turn to page 394...." Professor Moore announced, stepping into the classroom, my eyebrows raising when I flicked the page, noticing we were doing werewolves again, Marlene groaning and continuing to paint her nails, looking over to my book I placed in the middle of us.

Remus visibly paled at the page open in front of him and the projection of a monstrous werewolf on the screen in front of him, his heart pounding in his chest and ears. They did werewolves in third year, Mcgonagall prepared him for the lesson, and he got through it with the support of his friends, the full moon was already coming up in a few days, and he didn't know if he could learn all about this whilst already suffering and in pain, but if he left now, it would make people suspicious of him. He was going to have to endure it. Again. He felt James slide his hand into his under the desk for comfort, causing him to turn to the boy and give him a weak smile of gratitude, squeezing his hand.

"Sir, this must be a mistake, we learnt all about lycanthropy in third year" Lily piped up from a desk beside mine, the older wizard just nodding his head saying we were to repeat this topic.

Moore spoke of his opinions throughout the lesson, ignoring the howls from the Slytherins whenever he said the word 'werewolf', causing the house of green to erupt in laughter. I, however, like many others did not find it funny, not at all. Not when people struggle with lycanthropy throughout their lives and it's an awful condition, especially when they're under the same category as me in the Ministry. Creatures. We're creatures apparently.

"Filthy half breeds-"

"Excuse me, Professor, where on me is a speck of filth?" I asked loudly, having listened to quite enough of his preposterous opinions on beings, like werewolves and me. I felt piercing gazes on to me from the entire classroom for interrupting, keeping my face blank from emotion whilst twirling my hair around my finger before gesturing to myself, "That's what you meant, is it not? Half breeds are filthy and dangerous? Well here I am....i'd be careful if I were you I might just grow a beak and wings to shoot fire at you"

"Miss Bellamy I didn't mean-"

"Right, you didn't mean me but i'm a creature of near human intelligence and fall under the half breed category. So yes, you did mean me, and frankly I don't appreciate discrimination in a classroom i'm meant to feel safe and comfortable in" I spoke back, hearing snickers behind me from the students, the professor growing more flustered, glancing around with wide eyes, Marlene clamping her hand over her mouth beside me to prevent her laughter,