ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 62

𝕴 sighed softly, tapping my foot in front of the gargoyle, cocking my head to the side before peering around to see if anyone was close by if they knew how to get to the headmaster's office

𝕴 sighed softly, tapping my foot in front of the gargoyle, cocking my head to the side before peering around to see if anyone was close by if they knew how to get to the headmaster's office. There had to be some sort of password or key term, I imagine the gargoyle to be somewhat replica of the fat lady due to Dumbledore being a Gryffindor himself.

It could be socks, funky socks, crazy socks— too many adjectives for before socks, too many to choose, he wouldn't have it as socks. Long beard? No, that's rather a weird password, I highly doubt it's one of the Gryffindor ones because his is supposed to be of higher importance. Top secret, any Gryffindor could try and get into his office if they were similar. It could be a sweet— I wonder if he likes lemon drops too, though he does seem more of a liquorice person, i'm not sure why.

"Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous it is" I heard a familiar voice declare around the corner, my lips tugging upwards when the two professors came into sight, too enthralled in their own matter to see me as they approached the gargoyle, Mcgonagall piping up, before beginning to walk up the stairs appeared with Sprout.

"Lemon drops!"

"Of course it's lemon drops, they're the best. Always go with your gut, Willow" I whispered to myself, shrugging before following them up as the staircase stayed as though it was waiting for me, beginning to twist back down when I arrived at the top, curiosity building up in my stomach when I heard an argument, the door wide open to reveal Sprout, Mcgonagall and Dumbledore chatting heatedly, my name being mentioned many of times.

I pursed my lips, lurking in the doorway before stepping in and taking a look around, the three not yet aware of my presence as I observed and inspected the office, filled with much unless clutter I also believe resembled the Gryffindor common room. I was scanning my eyes over the books on the bookshelf when I felt a weight on my shoulder, my head shifting to see a magnificent phoenix of bright orange and read feathers, my eyes immediately widening at the sight, already knowing much about phoenixes from my godfather.

They can carry immensely heavy loads, their tears are filled with healing powers and when it is time for them to die, they're reborn from the ashes. Amazing creatures, by far one of the best in my personal opinion, although nifflers will always be my number one. I smiled brightly, slowly lifting my hooked finger up, laughing gently when he nuzzled his beak into my hand, letting out a small squawk. I didn't know a phoenix could look wise, but this one did, it's probably because they've spent so much time with Dumbledore.

I was too captivated by the creature to realise the conversation had stopped and the three were all looking at me as I marvelled over it, examining it in great detail. A cough alerted me to the three, causing me to walk further in towards them, the phoenix staying on my shoulder, making Dumbledore smile faintly, Sprout and Mcgonagall's eyebrows raised.

"It seems Fawkes has taken a liking into you, Miss Bellamy" He hummed gently, the bird flapping its wings before leaving me and going back to perch on his stand besides the older wizard, my lips tugging upwards,