ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 72

𝕬 choked up noise sounding from Scarlette drew me from my breakfast, raising my head to turn to her, managing to catch Sirius' concerned eyes along the way

𝕬 choked up noise sounding from Scarlette drew me from my breakfast, raising my head to turn to her, managing to catch Sirius' concerned eyes along the way. She ran her hand through her chestnut her, slamming her copy of the 'Daily Prophet' down as though she had been burned from it.

"Scar?" I questioned softly, squeezing her arm in consolation for whatever was bothering her, a few deep breaths emitting from her mouth, composing herself amongst the morning chatter in the great hall.

I furrowed my eyebrows, reaching for the newspaper when Regulus took it before I could, twitching his nose before opening it, sending me a small smile and apology,

"Sorry, Wills, I'm rather bored i'd like to read"

"Okay....." I nodded, swallowing and glancing back down to my bowl of fruit, chomping on some strawberries and lemon, a fairly good combination in my own person opinion.

Regulus felt the colour drained from his face as he skimmed the newspaper, guessing to himself he's reading the same article Scarlette had been, a nervous pit growing in his stomach as he subtly nudged James beside him to take a look, whilst raising his head from the paper, finding frightened chocolate orbs staring back at him, playing with the back of her earring, the both of them having a silent conversation in their eyes.

Veela found dead face down in cottage.

Margaret Bennett.

Dark mark.

Death Eaters. 

Bennet......Bellamy. Bennet. Bellamy. It's too close, it's too fucking close. He's growing stronger, he's out there, his followers numbers are expanding as they grow more cruel, wicked and evil. Sure enough there's going to be a target on her back, and they're not sure how they're going to be able to protect her.

"Whatever you're hiding in that newspaper, it would serve you well to show me. I don't like secrets" I voiced, catching Remus' attention from his book, turning to me when I kept my gaze down on my fruit, his arm reaching and taking the newspaper from Regulus and James, holding it in front of him to read.

The others sucked in a breath when he slammed it down, clenching his jaw and folding his arms over his chest. Another veela dead. One with a close name to hers. His veela, his girl, his Hufflepuff. He couldn't bare the thought of one day reading her name in the newspaper if she went missing or presumed dead....he was certain a part of him would die too. He couldn't, he couldn't live without her. She's his everything.

And no one seemed to be bothered except their group, Sprout and Mcgonagall, possibly a few other professors or students like Amos Diggory who had read the newspaper and glanced over.

Because it wasn't a muggle family, or a well known wizarding family. It was just some veela to everyone else, a meaningless death. He hated it. No one seemed to care about the danger of others until it concerns them or a person they know. It's not like Willow is a mean, rude bully whom everyone hated, she wasn't, she was a kind, loyal and unbelievably sweet. And she was in danger.