ᴏɴᴇ sʜᴏᴛ ғᴏᴜʀ

𝖂hen Remus had told Sirius that being a dad comes with all of these wonderful perks, he didn't know that would be quite the understatement.

Perhaps it's Padfoot, and his canine instincts that help him bond and understand his son to a greater level, just like Remus and his lycanthropy with his litter of cubs. He'd been absolutely terrified to become a father despite how ecstatic he was, ready to fill his desires to have a family of his own with his Starlette.

His upbringing of course wasn't the best example of how to raise a child. He didn't want to be anything like Orion or Walburga Black, he wanted to be like Monty and Mia Potter, affectionate and always spreading love. He wanted to be like Newt, cool and calm, and Hope and Lyall, caring and supportive. Willow and Remus for their adoration and protectiveness, James and Regulus for their fantastic genes.

Most importantly, he wanted to be Sirius, the best dad he could possibly be.

Of course he knew he'd make mistakes, neither him or Scarlette would ever win 'No 1 parent of the year award', it was tricky and difficult, sometimes he wanted to pull his beloved, luscious locks out or scratch out his eyeballs. But the precious, little moments made it worthwhile. Definitely.

So when Lynx padded up to him with an unfamiliar restless and panicky look, fidgeting with his silver rings and rocking back and forth on his heels, Sirius knew he was in for it. This was going to be one of these moments.

The raven haired man quirked an eyebrow, leaning against the counter lazily, brushing back some of the wispy curls off his son's forehead as he questions softly,

"What can I do for you, puppy?"

The Potter garden's bright and colourful, the odd, collected Marauder family using the hours of sun and vitamin D wisely, setting out the muggle barbecue and a range of summer activities. Lynx had chosen the opportunity to follow his dad inside when he left for a glass of water — or alcohol, whatever he could get his hands on first.

He hadn't initially planned to strike up this conversation now, thinking it would be better later and when they were at home. Yet this nagging, incessant throbbing of his poor little heart couldn't wait any longer. He just had to get it over with, bite the bullet.

He gulped, lowering his head down, unable to look into his dad's pale eyes when he begins, "So, you know, we um...earlier we were talking about the girls at school?"

"Yes, I do. Having mine and your mum's genes means you're the most dashingly handsome man in the school, so it's only right we discuss everything" Sirius nods, using his thumb and index finger to gently tilt Lynx's chin up to him, winking when his cheeks warmed considerably and he laughed throatily,

"I know, the number of dates i've been asked on is astronomical to say the least..."

There's something pleased, though fairly unpleased to his tone, Sirius noticed, as well as the light shakiness and tremble. He remained relaxed and soft, wanting his son to be able to feel as though he can come to him with anything, just like he seems to be doing now. And he may have a clue as to what it truly was.

"But the person that you're wanting to date isn't one included in that astronomical number?" He finishes slowly, Lynx's lower lip rolling underneath his teeth, nodding his head meekly with a faint frown.

Lynx has hard all about how hard his dad tried in order to win over his mum, over the history of the beginning of their dating life to when they finally got together and never looked back since. From what he's heard, his dad wanted his mum long before she did, but never really acted upon it until Aunt Willow and Uncle Moony grew closer together.