ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23

𝕬 furry thing snuggling into the crook of my neck stirred me from my slumber on the frosty December morning, my eyes fluttering, lifting my covers up higher on my body to secure some warmth whilst Teddy nuzzled his head into my neck

𝕬 furry thing snuggling into the crook of my neck stirred me from my slumber on the frosty December morning, my eyes fluttering, lifting my covers up higher on my body to secure some warmth whilst Teddy nuzzled his head into my neck. I stretched my legs out down my bed, yawning tiredly before finally opening my eyes, staring up at the ceiling of my bedroom, my lips tugging upwards before I could help it.

It has been quite a few days since I went to the Lupin's for dinner, and since then Remus and I had been exchanging letters daily, it turning out we only lived about a twenty minute walk from each other's houses in the middle of nowhere in North Yorkshire. I loved Hope and Lyall, they were incredibly nice people, and I could definitely see where Remus gets his kind, charming and appealing characteristics from, also his undeniable attractiveness.

Today, we're meeting up again, probably going to the little town about an hours walk away, which shouldn't be too bad in the frost. I hummed gently, lifting my hands up and holding Teddy as I sat upwards on my bed, laying him down on my pillow and caressing his fur, smiling down at him before standing up and making my way out of my bedroom towards the kitchen, spotting Newt at the table with a cup of tea.

"There's a letter for you, it came early, it says Willow-tree on the front, quite amusing actually" He informed me, gesturing to a letter on the table, my lips tugging upwards, knowing James must have sent me the letter early this morning. I reached, opening the letter and perching on one of the chairs at the table, beginning to read the contents,

'Deer lovely Willow-tree,

I hope you're having a brilliant holidays so far with your family. Sirius is here, he ran away from home, he appeared last night covered in bruises and cuts, he could barely walk. He's saying he's okay, but I know he's hurt, mostly about leaving Regulus I think because he wouldn't leave with him. Anyway I just thought you should know.

I heard you and Moony have been together a few times, how dare you meet without me, Willow-tree, it's absolutely outrageous. I expect an amazing gift tomorrow to make up for it, otherwise I might just have to steal you for the rest of the holidays.

Merry Christmas Eve.

From,
Your Jamesie-deer (James Potter if you're confused)'

"Oh" I murmured, re reading the paragraph about Sirius, feeling nothing but sympathy for the two Black brothers who haven't had an easy shot at life like the rest of us have. Bruises, cuts and could barely walk.

Sirius deserves better, he deserves the absolute world, i'm glad he's out of there now and with James, even if Regulus isn't with them, he knows how to handle himself back at home with his self preservation. The Potters would take care of him, i'm sure of it, he wanted to stay there in the first place so I'm guessing he's quite fond of them.

"It's about one of my friends, he's ran away from home....awful, awful people, he'll be fine now" I voiced when Newt looked at me curiously, his head nodding when I stood up going to make some hot chocolate, deciding I would write back to James and Sirius later, "He's a Black"