ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 49

𝕽emus hums in contentment to himself, losing himself inside a world of his book as he stretched his legs out in the compartment, leaning against the window

𝕽emus hums in contentment to himself, losing himself inside a world of his book as he stretched his legs out in the compartment, leaning against the window. He drowns out James and Sirius as they talk animatedly about their end of year prank, turning the entire of the great hall into a swimming pool, luckily everyone who was submerged in water gained a bubble using the bubble head charm in case they couldn't swim— he made sure of that. He drowns out Peter munching on his sweets he had got when the woman with the trolley came through, and he focused on his book.

He tried to focus on his book. A mixture of emotions building up in his stomach as the train chugged on their journey to take them home for the summer, meaning he wasn't going to spend every living, breathing moment with Willow. He's gotten used to seeing her every single day, and whilst they don't live far away from each other at all, he knows it won't be the same as being in the castle with her. He's excited to see his mum and be home of course— but the castle is home too, Willow is his home.

Speaking of the veela, she was saying her goodbyes to the gryffindor girls in their compartment with Scarlette, existing in a civil silence with Lily like they had a silent agreement. Lily tried to apologise but Willow wouldn't let her, she'd had enough and rightly so, it will take a lot for her to get back into her good graces again, if she does at all. He doesn't glance up from his book when he heard the compartment door slide open, he knows it isn't her, his heart doesn't skip a few beats, rocking his soul immediately like she does.

It's Regulus.

James was pleased with the sight. Sirius on the other hand had a mixture of emotions on his face— one mainly being guilt. He'd spent a lot of time with his little brother since Christmas and how he's with their group fairly often but now he's going to Grimmauld Place without him to those awful people that gave birth to him. He was leaving him with them. The wicked, cruel, twisted Blacks.

"What can we do for you, Reggie?" James chirped, the tousled haired boy quirking his eyebrow before perching on the seat between him and Sirius, shoving Sirius' leg off forcefully on to the floor, leaning back into the chair and closing his eyes, "Are you-"

"Just give me a moment, James" He muttered quietly, Remus' lips twitching at the use of his first name rather than his surname, and it wad evident James was happy too as he nodded his head, patiently waiting, Sirius swallowing thickly avoiding his brother's contact, Peter minding his own business and continuing to eat his sweets, leaning forward with his jelly beans he'd already offered everyone,

"Would you like some, Reggie?"

"I'm alright, thank you, Pettigrew" He mumbled, lifting the back of his hand up and resting it on his forehead, feeling it pound as he already heard his mother's screeches and shrieks in his mind, ringing in his ears. He nearly jumps when he felt a small tap on the side of his leg, his head shifting to face James, a worried expression on his face that made his heart uncontrollably swell no matter how tried to stop it.