ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 25

"𝕴t almost feels bare after Christmas" Peter mumbled as we strolled through the hallways after arriving in Hogsmeade station, ready for dinner in the great hall

The train ride had been fairly short in my mind considering I slept the entire way on Remus' lap, he was extremely comfortable and warm which helped- it was something to do with his lycanthropy, being warm all the time, I wasn't opposed to it. He was good in that sense, he let me sleep on him with no hesitation and didn't move much so I was in the most comfortable position at all times whilst he read his book or simply rested, glancing out of the window- i'm sure he absentmindedly or not played with my hair for a little while too which made me relax further.

Now we were off the train and the crowd of students in the halls was growing meaning I was going to see Theo again. I'm not pathetic or desperate, he hurt me and i'm not going to let it happen again. I'm done. He's blown his chance of us being together and I sure as hell won't be going back to him for him to do it again. No fucking way.

"Oh Willow, good holidays?" A voice questioned causing me to find Gilderoy Lockhart catch up with us and walk on my side, a charming grin on his lips- atleast that's what I think it's supposed to be, I'm not quite sure. He's a Ravenclaw in our year, blue eyes and blonde locks, he's quite a womaniser not as much as Sirius, but he was close, although Sirius was a lot more attractive in my opinion and he actually knew how to flirt, Gilderoy was self obsessed to the point he checks his reflection in a spoon.

"Yes, Lockhart. Yours?" I asked politely, forcing a smile on to my lips, trying not to curl them at the way he was eyeing me, Scarlette forcing herself between us to stop him ogling, although he seemed just as interested in her than he was in me.

"Lockhart, how are- oh my, is that a grey hair?" Scarlette gasped, leaning close to his blonde curls, the Marauders snickering to themselves when he immediately froze, placing his hands on his hair before running away, the brunette girl rolling her eyes and tugging me into her side chuckling at my expression, "Still dopey Wills?"

"What can I say, Remus is the perfect seat" I shrugged, glancing to the mousy haired boy with a sleepy grin of which he returned, winking at me before we entered the great hall, an immediate heighten in noisiness filling my ears as we strolled down to the Gryffindor table as usual, with me sandwiched between Remus and Scarlette, James, Sirius and Peter across from us.

"Lockhart's asked me before if you were dating me or anyone else, Willow-tree" James informed me, running a hand through his hair, my nose wrinkling up in disgust at the thought, shaking my head,

"As if Goldie Gilderoy could get Lolo and I couldn't" Sirius jested whilst looking at James before he looked straightforward, his cheeks warming when I flickered my eyes to Scarlette blankly staring at him when he muttered, "Not that I want you that you, Lolo, you're like a little sister"

"In law" I mumbled under my breath to Remus, the werewolf snorting and nudging my side whilst glancing at me out of the corner of his eye,

"Hey, Wills?" Scarlette called, tapping my shoulder a hum of acknowledgment leaving my lips, looking to her to find a smirk playing on her lips when she asked, "How is it you know Remus' parents already?"