ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 135

𝕲ulping thickly, Remus surveys around the crowd protectively his wolf instincts and emotions still heightened from the full moon the previous couple of days

However, with the use of the wolfsbane potion, Willow's charm and the rest of the Marauders accompanying him, the full moons weren't at all the terror and agonising hours they once were. Certainly, he still suffers from fevers, aches and pains...and the transformation itself is tiring, but he'll take all he can get and is very appreciative of his surroundings friends and family looking out for him without leaving him.

He grumbles when one of the wizards on the stool gawked at his wife with blown blue eyes and a compulsive redness rising to his cheeks, neck and ears. Though, one stern look from Remus himself and the flustered wizard tore his eyes away, shaking his head rapidly as though he was scolding himself or in disbelief from what he had just seen.

He's brought out of his protective mode when a warm palm cupped his jaw and a magical and angelic voice fogs over his mind to beckon him to re direct his attention to her. The grin stretched on her lips was surely enough to brighten every light decorating the festive Christmas trees spread on the planet for the season.

"Relax, working yourself up with just make you feel worse" I whispered quietly, reaching to kiss his nose, a soft sigh emitting from his mouth, shuffling further towards me as he mumbles lowly,

"Easy for you to say, it's internal and natural..he tells me I need to protect you and in this case I agree with him. We don't know majority of these people, you don't know what they're up to.."

I smiled faintly as he peers around suspiciously once more whilst I smoothed my palms over the forest woolly jumper hanging off his lanky figure. My heart fluttered at the sight of his pink cheeks and nose from the low temperatures outside with the flurries of snowflakes dusting the village. Very adorable.

"You know Rosie behind the bar...and over there— that's Flitwick with Hagrid chatting. She'll be here soon, we said three and it's near enough now" I pointed out for him, hoping it would settle his mind a little knowing there was a few people around he's known for a while.

I brought my butterbeer up to my lips, revelling in the sweet taste warming my insides greatly. Madame Rosmerta made the best butterbeer and no one can convince me otherwise, just the right amount of sweetness, warmth and foam.

I snapped out of my trance when I heard a low chuckle rumbling in his chest, his eyes glimmering with mirth as he tilted my chin up, pressing his lips to mine gently and fleeting his tongue over, allowing me to presume I had some foam on my mouth.

"Honestly! If I had a galleon for every time i've found you two snogging, i'd be rolling in gold!" A familiar voice piped up, causing us to detach from the kiss with eager grins, soaking up the sight of the plump witch arriving at our table with her hands on her hips.