ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 114

"𝕴 was thinking of getting a cat, what do you think about that?"

I hummed gently, pondering on the words for a few moments, finally nodding my head and agreeing, "I think that would be nice for you to have a cat, perhaps call it Snitch"

"That's a brilliant idea, love. A ginger one...Padfoot would go mad!" He decides, scratching behind his ear as he grinned goofily, my lips twitching as I leaned into his side and bumped him with my hip.

"Maybe consult Reg about it though...and your parents, although I think Reg would be on board if it irritates Sirius" I theorised, taking a side glance to him when he chuckled, throwing his arm over my shoulder to bring me closer to him as we strolled through the hallways in the castle, passing students staring at us from our closeness.

"I will do, don't worry, Willow-tree. Hey, you know what you should do?" He asks, tugging me closer to him as I arched my eyebrow, looking up to him with a smirk tugging at my lips, replying,

"I'm not telling you what your birthday present is, you'll have to wait"

His previous mischievous expression turned into a scowl, playfully pushing me away and folding his arms over his chest in a sulk. I laughed heartily at his expression, creeping towards him and reaching on my tip toes to ruffle his hair, teasing,

"Don't worry, Jamesie-deer, we think you'll love it. Remus and I chose it especially for our oh so deer stag"

"Ah, a couple gift, your first couple gift. I'm honoured, truly" He claims, losing his playful scowl and grinning crookedly again, scooping me up by banding his arms around my waist and twirling us around in a few circles with warm chuckles, my hands squeezing his shoulders.

"You should be, we put a lot of thought into it, it took a whole of three minutes to make a plan. I brought the parchment and he brought the quill, an enjoyable kiss and a suggestion later, here we are" I informed him, soaking in the dimples in his cheeks and the giddy excitement in his hazel eyes that reminds me of a young child when the simplest things to adults mean the greatest in the world to them. James is always like that, mischievous, animated and sunny, I would be lying if I didn't say I love it.

"Oh I bet you had a good snog, Moony's always making bloody heart eyes at you I'm surprised his lips aren't permanently sewn to yours" He snickered, placing me back down on the ground as we made our way outside of the castle to breathe in some of the fresh Spring air, my cheeks warming as I retorted,

"Of course he is! I'm amazing, aren't I?"

"Only the most" He nods, linking his arm around mine instead as we strolled leisurely, my eyes dancing over the sight of the blooming Scottish highlands in front of us, vibrant flowers flowing in the gentle breeze.

"How's quidditch going? What do you think for the final game, is winning the cup on your agenda?" I inquired curiously, curling my arm further around his as he hummed, looking out forwards through his lopsided glasses, answering honestly,