ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26

𝔍ames exchanges a glance with Peter and Sirius, biting his lip to stifle his laughter at the way Remus has been standing in front of the mirror for ten minutes, trying to fix his hair

𝔍ames exchanges a glance with Peter and Sirius, biting his lip to stifle his laughter at the way Remus has been standing in front of the mirror for ten minutes, trying to fix his hair. The complete irony the werewolf used to make fun of him and Sirius being in front of the mirror to make sure their hair was perfect, and now here he was, groaning when It fell floppy on his forehead no matter how hard he tried to push it back.

"Moony, come on, we'll miss breakfast at this rate" Peter groaned, collapsing back on his bed, Sirius standing up and walking to the werewolf, tilting his chin down to scan over his face, ruffling his hair a few times before muttering,

"She likes fluffy, floppy hair. She's told me before so stop trying to fix it"

"Who?" Remus mumbled, feeling his heart beating obnoxiously in his chest at the thought of the platinum haired girl. He wasn't stupid, he knew exactly who Sirius was talking about, James and Peter knew too, he wasn't exactly the type to stare at his reflection in a mirror unless he wanted to look exceptionally good that day, and he did want to. He ignored the smirks and teasing words the boys had been speaking to each other whilst he got ready, making sure he looked perfect.

"The muggle queen" Sirius retorted sarcastically, flicking the boy's forehead before drawing back and tapping his foot on the floor. He's never really known Remus fancy someone before, he knows James pines over the person badly, it always being Lily Evans. Peter's never really shown much interest in girls or made it obvious he fancied someone....Remus was another story. He'd never looked twice in a girl's direction until Willow came into his life, he was intrigued to find out how Remus was when he fancied a girl, whether he would be like James or he would be completely different.

"Let's just go to breakfast!" Peter whined, picking up his bag and making his way out of the dorm, James and Sirius following suit, Remus looking in the mirror one last time and gulping before making his way out of the dorm towards the great hall for breakfast.

He's never been pretty, he knows that. Not like James and Sirius who always look handsome no matter the time of day. He has ugly white and pink scars running across his face, and body, his hair isn't flawless like Sirius' is, the raven haired boy never having a bad hair day, his is just floppy and falls the way it wants to on that day. He doesn't have Peter's perfect blue eyes that are like clear, deep oceans in exotic places, his are a honey colour. Boring and simple.

He doesn't have the natural charm of Sirius or the wealth of James. He's lanky and skinny, there's no muscle or athletic aspect to his body in anyway which girls seem to fawn over. He's Remus. He's a chocolate and book loving, sarcastic werewolf who's never really liked a girl before. He's never had his heart race beyond the point he thought he was going to die or felt an eruption of butterflies when he was merely sent a smile. He's never longed to be in a presence than he does with her.

Willow.

The most beautiful, pure hearted girl he's ever laid his eyes on.

There she was, in her usual seat at the Gryffindor table beside the empty seat left for him. She's with Scarlette and Regulus like usual, talking animatedly to them despite the shit she's been going through recently because of Theodore Nott. Since the incident in the great hall, boys had been throwing themselves at her now she was 'free' and he felt more protective over her than ever, even though she's shown no interest in anyone, she was keeping herself to herself, and rightly so in his opinion.