ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 151

𝕴t had been a fairly long time since there was a mission assigned for our group in the Order

Perhaps the death eaters had decided that for the year 1980, they'd add to their tallied numbers of attacks and deaths in their cruel, vile ways. We'd received intel from one of Dumbledore's sources there was to be an attack tonight in a muggle village, it seemed to be fairly evident he had a spy working for him also. I had a few guesses as to who it may be considering the names of individuals in the group and associations in history, but I would never project my ideas unless I was forwardly asked who I thought it was.

Dumbledore had refused me to go, in large agreement with our friends who all had the knowledge of the growing swell underneath my woolly jumper. Alice was at home too with Frank, i'd gathered myself she's pregnant too — and due a similar time to when James and Regulus' would return home. My guess is a boy, she always spoke how she wanted a boy first to name Neville, I think fate could at least give her that.

Remus chewed the inside of his cheek to prevent his smile when Willow bunched his dark coat in her hands, clumsily trying to cover him protectively as best as she could with her curved bump. He could confess he was inclined to the idea of her wrapping him up for his mission, and then being the one to unwrap him when he returned back to them. Some sort of Buttercup protection — no one could touch him then.

Like she had the day of his mum's funeral, he catches her hands in his, pressing kisses to her wrists reassuringly, a small sigh escaping her. It didn't didn't a fool to notice she was anxious, worried and skeptical about them all going without her — with none of her Willow's Weird Witchcraft saving their skins at the last moment if she'd managed to know something was coming towards them.

He'd rather she was home worrying than being out there in potential life threatening danger, both her and the baby. Here, she was in a safe place that was warm, comfortable and he knew they'd take care of them, ultimately helping to settle his own mind whilst he's out.

Eyebrows raised amusedly, mirth fogging his amber eyes he doesn't hide his smirk as she huffs and puffs, trying to roll upwards on her toes to reach him, then grunting when she failed miserably with her bump getting in the way, "Will you just lean down to kiss me, then tell me you'll be okay?"

My throat tightened and my chest twisted uncomfortably, a never ending list of things that could happen rhyming off in my mind. I'm not certain if it was my overwhelming emotions and pregnancy hormones taking control but I hated the idea of him being out without me being near him. I hated him leaving us, even if it was just for a mission he was assigned to.

Probably taking note of my expression, he hunched himself over to my height, hands cupping my cheeks delicately, and lips briefly touching over mine with a murmur, "I'll be okay. I'll be back before you know it, i'll draw you a bath and wash your hair so you can relax, hm?"

My lips wobbled brushing against his, feebly humming at his proposal, that sounded nice. We can do that afterwards when he comes back, I have immense faith in him for living up to that. Eyes closing on their own accord, he sealed our mouths together, teasingly fleeting the tip of his tongue against my bottom lip, adding in a mumble,