ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 134

𝕾irius and Scarlette's cottage was a very differently decorated one to Remus and I's

Where we have whacky yellow cabinets and overgrowing plants sprouting around the rooms, they have an agreed mixture of winter colours; scarlet red and forest green but not without another colour in between. In some places you can catch a purple or black glimpse or a spot of white— like I said, an agreed mixture.

Where Remus and I have a bookcase full of our shared books, overflowing to an disorganised pattern, they have endless numbers records from muggle bands they listen to, piled up on wooden floors which have been scratched to oblivion. Sirius' doodles and tattoo designs where pinned lopsidedly on the walls with many wild posters as one can imagine.

There's a stacked shelf of maple syrup in the kitchen and a fruit bowl with just a singular lemon waiting inside, of which when asked Scarlette merely blinked at me and pointed to my twitching mouth. Of course, there's a rather large alcohol rack, undoubtedly Sirius' doing, with different spiced meads, rum, whiskeys and sprits.

It screamed Sirius and Scarlette to anyone who was welcomed in, and I certainly liked the place despite the fact it's nothing like Moontree Cottage.

The four boys had gone out for a few hours to accomplish some 'Marauder' time as they liked to call it, all managing to have squeezed it in their busy schedules recently between work and Order missions. Regulus had declined in joining either group, saying that he and the elder two Potters had some plans of their own in which he was treating them to dinner himself.

He was definitely becoming more comfortable and happier around the groups of people he would curse or be jealous of in his past. He deserved to have the Potters and the Potters deserved him, they treated him as one of their own— not as a brother of James of course though. Perhaps as a son in law.

The brunette Slytherin grinned to herself when the hufflepuff snuggled onto the leather couch, examining the crackle in the fire with great detail. After turning on the David Bowie record to play in the background, she hopped on besides her with a blanket, covering them up as she questioned,

"How are things? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages"

I turned to her with a raised eyebrow whilst snaking my arm across her middle to cuddle up to her as I replied with mirth, "It's been two days, Scar"

"Well two days is....twelve years in Willoette time" She insisted, a snort emitting from my mouth despite the warmth blooming in my chest, tilting my head to press my lips to her cheek, saying cheekily,

"It's okay, I've missed you too. It's a lot different than being Hogwarts...I enjoyed the other morning though, that was nice"

Laughter tore from her throat and she nodded her head in agreement, remembering the morning she stumbled into Remus and I's bedroom at seven o'clock in the morning in her pyjamas and got into bed with us for cuddles on her day off. Remus really enjoyed being shoved to the edge of the bed, he made sure to tell us every single minute until he fell back to sleep clinging on to me to stay on even though we have a king size bed.