ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 127

𝕽emus puffed out a large breath, dropping his paintbrush down in the container to relax his hand

It would seem painting a home between the two of you would be more time consuming and difficult than he imagined it to be. He immediately sympathises with muggles who have to do it this way no matter what, he's close to insisting they do the rest of the cottage with magic, and he's sure Willow would agree.

He takes the moment to study his fiancé, the overalls that were once a light denim blue now had speckles of yellow, white and pale blue. She was kneeling on the floor, her pearly locks braided back in french braids, secured with the ribbons that always manage to soften him significantly. The thin brush in her hand effortlessly strokes finely down the cabinet she was painting her yellow. Their yellow.

As if she knows he's watching him, she turns her head around to him, placing down the paintbrush and hopping up. He bites back a chuckle at the smudged sunshine colour on her cheek, compelling him to wind an arm around her to pull her closer, their legs intertwining as he reaches to carefully brush the pad of his thumb over, shaking his head in amusement when she blinked at him blankly.

"How about we use magic for the rest? I think painting the kitchen is enough for us" I muttered, stepping closer towards him to press our fronts together, his once white shirt now splattered in warm coloured paint. He nods his head in agreement, banding his other arm around my waist and dipped his head down to rest on mine, as I began to hum quietly.

He lets out a soft breath, a faint smile fleeting across his lips to match the one growing on his heart as his mind grows foggier from her magic. He squeezes his hold on her, nudging her head as he murmurs,

"Careful, i've not finished the bed frame yet"

I raised my head up to him when pausing my humming, my lips quirking up into a coy smile, our noses grazing as I replied quietly,

"Make sure to tell me when it's done so we can christen it properly. Then when Sirius comes over and jumps to test it out, we can tell him the news"

He chuckles, sneaking one of his hands up to tug on my weaved braid as he retorts,

"I'm glad to know you just want to do it so we can get a dramatic reaction from, Padfoot"

"It's a win, win in my opinion" I shrugged, rolling up on my tiptoes to close the small gap between us, his lips immediately warming mine as the brushed over one another a few times, only drawing back to smile into one another's mouths occasionally.

"I like doing this with you" He confesses in whisper against her lips, feeling butterflies swarm in his stomach when she laughs angelically, sliding her palms up his shirts to smooth her thumbs over his ribs as she returns,

"Kissing me? I'd hope so"

His cheeks dust pink from my response, resting his forehead lightly down on mine as we nudged our noses, his voice low as he explains, "Not just the kissing, all of this we're doing, making this cottage our home, building our lives together. I like doing it with you"