ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 160

"𝖂hat are you doing, Wills?"

Exhaling a shaken breath, I quickly grabbed some parchment, ink and a quill from the small coffee table in the middle of the homely living room. Ignoring the puzzled, concerned and frightful looks from the others, still pale from the previous revelation, I began scribbling on the parchment with a blurred vision in my mind.

'Sweetheart,

You need to — Be careful who you're putting your trust in. The Dark Lord can — is able to — enterinvade—'

Remus swallowed thickly, sharing a meaningful glance with the brunette Slytherin leaning forward on her seat with darkened eyes, Sirius now rocking Maple in his arms, a painful clench in his heart that didn't seem to be easing anytime soon. James bounced his leg up and down anxiously, Regulus merely staring emotionlessly towards what the hufflepuff was doing, resting his sleeping son down on a comfortable cushion.

Groaning in frustration, tearing my eyes away from the muddled parchment, I inwardly cursed myself for burning the letter Theo had sent. I should have known to keep it, that it could have been more useful than I initially thought it was. Fuck, I should have known. I always know.

Setting my fiery gaze back down to the messy letter I was copying out, I rubbed my temples, asking aloud to the uncomfortably silent room, "What's another word for enter or invade?"

Pursing his lips, Remus rubbed the back of his neck, suggesting with the first phrase that entered his mind, "Gain access to?"

"That's three words, I said one" I snapped, whipping my head around towards him with immediate regret gleaming in my eyes when his jaw clenched at first, then slacking when he slumped himself dejectedly. Just as I was about to mutter an apology, he stood up and left the room wordlessly, another lump forming in my throat when the door to the garden didn't even slam when he went out.

Regulus fixated his piercing grey eyes on his brother when he looked towards the door Remus left out of, locking gazes with him when he looked his way when offering plainly, "Penetrating? They usually use that for minds if that's what you're looking for"

"Yes, that was it. Thank you, Reg" I murmured weakly, scribbling the word down to continue the letter, Scarlette dropping to her knees besides me, arm winding around my waist and kissing my temple supportively.

James leapt up when Sirius did, still cradling the baby being in his arms, blocking the doorway with a stern expression Sirius merely blinked at until Regulus piped up lowly,

"Let him go, James. He won't try anything"

James gnawed at his lip, hazel eyes briefly flickering down to his honorary niece and back up to blank his best friend, reluctantly stepping aside but tugging him close quickly to whisper in his ear, "You better not. Especially not whilst holding Maple"