ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 44

𝕾carlette looks up from her potion notes to her best friend wading in the shallow depth of the black lake observing the plants and small fishes with an excited expression displayed on her face

𝕾carlette looks up from her potion notes to her best friend wading in the shallow depth of the black lake observing the plants and small fishes with an excited expression displayed on her face. It's funny how they are. Scarlette a pureblood Slytherin brought up in a society to host balls, birth heirs to keep the bloodline and to look down on her nose to people like......Willow. And then Willow is a halfblood Hufflepuff, who travels the world to collect magical beasts with her godfather and gets overly happy at the sight of leaves and little flowers Scarlette wouldn't spend a second glance at. They're so incompatibly compatible, the brunette couldn't imagine her life without the blonde.

She's her escape, her dream, her wilderness from being trapped in her own drowning society.

Willow Bellamy is Scarlette Lestrange's adventure. Always has been, always will be, that's how it works for them.

She smiles down at her notes when she hears the girl gasp at her finding muttering to herself how amazing this is, the water crashing against her shins, her summer dress reaching the top of her thighs, her light denim jacket keeping her warm from the slight Spring breeze in the highlands. She yearned for these moments, she liked the boys and their friends, but she loved their Willoette time, seeing her best friend in her element doing what she likes to do.

Especially since she'd overheard Theodore Nott talking horribly about her this morning in the common room to Rosier, Avery and Mulciber. Regulus held her back though from going to put them in the hospital wing, the tousled haired boy nearly sending them a string of....kind words too. But he told her to choose her battles for the right moment and she took that with her...grabbed the Hufflepuff and took her down to the Black Lake for a few hours. Just them.

She only glances up from her revision notes when she hears her soft voice over the wavering water,

"So are we going to talk about why you wanted to be with me alone for a few hours?"

"What? Can't I spend some time with my best friend when I want to?" She replied with a quirked brow, though I could see right through it. Key word, best friend, i'd seen the hidden sadness and anger behind her eyes when she found me wandering the castle and suggested we go to the Black lake for a while so she could study and I could investigate the water.....she would never willingly sit there and let me wade in the lake without something going on.

"You can, I just think there's a reason behind it, that's all. You don't have to tell me though, i'm happy to be here with you, Scar" I responded with a whole hearted smile, her head nodding slowly, looking back down to her notes when I casted my eyes back down to the water, snapping my head up when she mumbled,

"Theo. I-I heard him talk about you in the common room, suppose I got upset about it so I wanted to be with you for a while"

It felt stupid for her to admit outloud, because she knew deep down she was scared. Scared of what her society- her family thought about people like Willow. Halfbreed, a creature of use that they can tie up for their own pleasure over and over no matter how much they don't want them to and beg to stop. She's heard her brothers talk about veela before, and it made her disgusted, this girl is her best friend— her sister and her own blood is talking about her in such a filthy way. It knocks her sick to her stomach.