ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

𝕹ovember was well underway, a thick blanket of soft snow covering the grounds replacing the decorative autumn leaves once on the floor, the breeze of the air growing cooler and icier

𝕹ovember was well underway, a thick blanket of soft snow covering the grounds replacing the decorative autumn leaves once on the floor, the breeze of the air growing cooler and icier. Sirius' birthday had been and gone, whilst he loathed his birthday for reasons i'm not aware of, I still got him a gift of which he greatly appreciated- some more black nail polish and hair products he had been complaining to me he ran out of. I also had Winnie bake him a cake which he liked too, as well as the rest of the Marauders, mainly Peter.

The Christmas holidays were approaching and I would be lying if I said I wasn't extremely looking forward to see Newt for the break. I write to him atleast once every week but it's not the same as being with him in real life, going on adventures with him and seeing all of the fantastic beasts he's taking care of all of these years. He's the best godfather and carer I could have asked for, I am truly lucky my parents happened to pick him if anyone else to take care of me.

For now though, I'd just finished charms and decided to take a nap in the common room on one of the armchairs under a blanket, relishing in the fresh earthy and homely smell from the plants and from the kitchens just down the hallway. Some people from other houses may think it's weird to nap in a common room for everyone to see, Scarlette would never think of doing that in the dungeons, but I always feel safe in the Hufflepuff common room, and everyone always checks on each other whilst they are asleep and vulnerable because we were that type of house. That's not to say i've once not woken up before with glasses and a moustache drawn on my face as a joke from Dottie and Charlotte, but they didn't mean it in a harsh way, it was fun.

Scarlette wandered into the Hufflepuff common room after finishing her lesson and changing out of her robes, making her way over to 'Willow's chair' she's practically claimed through the five years of being her, a grin making its way on her face at the sight of her best friend cuddled into the chair with a blanket, her lips parted with soft snores leaving her lips, her eyelashes fluttering. She glances to the older Hufflepuff boy in the seat across from her with a book in his hands reading, her eyebrow quirking,

"How long has she been down?" She queried, slipping onto the seat beside her, Amos' head lifting up to look at the brunette Slytherin and over to the blonde, answering simply,

"Around forty minutes I would guess"

"She naps more than a bloody dog" She snorted, earning a laugh from the Hufflepuff whilst she glanced to the veela and fixing the blanket so it properly covered her, before eyeing the common room and students in there, only being drawn back when he spoke up again,

"You're friends with Lily Evans.....I was thinking of asking her out" Amos spoke quietly, rubbing the back of his neck, the Slytherin raising her eyebrows, a sheepish grin on his face,

"Oh so you're over your crush on Willow then"

"Mmhm sort of, well, she deserves better than me and I don't think she was really interested, she was just being polite" He commented with a chuckle, looking to the girl and back to her best friend, "Lily's pretty, she's clever and nice, and I think she might be interested-"