ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30

"𝕸y delightful mother sent me a lovely letter this morning

"𝕸y delightful mother sent me a lovely letter this morning. She's put me back on a diet apparently, so I say we raid the kitchens tonight and eat as much fat and sugar as possible. I'm feeling rebellious" Scarlette informed me as we strolled around the grounds on a small walk after lessons had finished, the both of us wrapped up warm in the mid January air,

"Mmhm, sounds good. Hope sent me over some cookies too, i'm not quite sure what they're for but they taste amazing" I responded, the girl turning to me as I kept my gaze straight forward, her arm tugging on mine to get my attention as they were looped around each other's,

"She obviously approves of you" She snorted, my eyebrow raising at her comment, cocking my head to the side, her eyes rolling before she began walking again, "Keep close with the in laws, Wills"

"They're not my in laws" I scoffed, averting my gaze away, feeling my stomach flip over at the thought, a knowing smile on her face when she laughed softly. I hadn't told her about my brewing feelings for the werewolf or the way he kissed my nose or called me beautiful in the kitchens, I wanted to keep it for us, but I had a feeling she knew I did like him anyway. She knows me inside and out.

"Speaking of which, look who's up ahead" She spoke quietly, nodding her head over to the Marauders up ahead, Remus slumped against the wall with a glowing cigarette in between his lips, looking as tired and sick as he probably felt with the full moon in a couple of days. It made my heart physically, emotionally and mentally ache for this boy who deserved no pain at all. Not in the slightest.

We hadn't spoken to the other three or the Gryffindor girls since the unfortunate day at the greenhouses with the revelation I was indeed Lilo. Only Remus knew the details of why and how, and I knew he would keep it that way until I was ready to explain to everyone else that I was technically Newt Scamander's daughter in some aspects. I could tell they felt guilty, they would send me sheepish smiles some times, James would leave notes in my books he would steal, Peter would leave lemon drops in my bag and Sirius would try to make conversation until Scarlette sent him off.

She was extremely mad at the boy still.

I was never mad, just a little hurt and disappointed at their reactions at first, but i'm alright now. The only person who it really concerned was happy, and he knew everything which made me happy too. When he's happy, i'm happy. When i'm happy, he's happy.

Remus glanced to where he could hear crisp footsteps on the grounds, plucking his cigarette from his lips, he found the Slytherin and Hufflepuff girl wrapped up warm in the weather on some sort of stroll. He knew his bones were aching and heavy from his condition creeping up on him, but there's something else in his bones and it's her, he knows, he can feel it in his troubled soul. She looks adorable, her cheeks and nose rosy from the cold, it made his heart warm immediately. Nose kisses. He decided he liked giving them. He liked giving them to her and her only after he did in the kitchens, a blush of his own rising to his cheeks at the thought.