ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 113

𝕽emus sighs softly, lightly running his fingertips up and down Willow's arms as she rests between his legs at their corner of the greenhouse, an open book in her hold

He tugs at the sleeve of the beige sweater she was drowning in, nudging her head with his own to gain her attention, huffing exaggeratedly. She hums in acknowledgement, though it's lost in the tapping sounds of the early March showers pattering against the windows of the greenhouse.

"Willow...." He trailed off in a whiny whisper, pushing his head further into hers and holding her tighter against his chest as she merely hummed again, keeping her focus on her book, causing him to mumble, "Must you stare at that for much longer?"

I raised my head briefly and stared straight ahead to the dancing plant on the opposite side of the room, the warmth radiating from his chest to me making me feel comfortable and toasty warm. I re focused my head down to the pages on Lycanthropy and the wolfsbane potion, desperate to learn more in order to help him as much as I can.

Parting my plump lips from their pout, I moved my free hand onto his knee and squeezed it, murmuring,

"A bit hypocritical when you read as much as I do, Re. And yes, I must so I can do as much as I can for you"

He sighed again, his heart betraying him by swelling at her want and need to help him despite him knowing deep down he doesn't deserve it and never will do. He's a werewolf, he'll always be a werewolf, that's never going to change and to think otherwise is false hope. Still, he finds her determination to help him adorable as much as it is irritating when they could be doing other things.

"You know there's no point. There's no cure and the potion is too— it's too much" He breathes, resting his chin on my shoulder to stare down at the pages as I closed my eyes briefly at the longing in his voice, muttering,

"Just let me try, please. I want to do everything I can for you, like you do me. Besides, you don't want to leave here right now, trust me"

He blinked confusedly, furrowing his eyebrows as I leaned my head further into his, biting back a grin when he wondered,

"Why not?"

"Because James and Regulus are most likely shagging in your dorm room to blow off some steam and Scarlette and Sirius are arguing. Again. It's why Peter's gone to the kitchens, to get away" I revealed, rubbing the page between my thumb and forefinger before turning the page again and re adjusting to the words as he chuckled quietly, mumbling,

"What's the foolish reason for today's 'Redstar' argument?"

"Sirius decided to draw up an apartment plan with some of his ideas, Scar's not too keen on them, they're both not the best with compromises and they like their own way to do things" I explained, rolling my eyes and wrinkling up my nose, adding flatly on the end, "I look forward to more of the domestic disputes"