ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 104

𝕾carlette snickered at her best friend as she stumbles into one of the castle walls, grumbling curses under her breath and sinking further into Remus' sweater that was drowning her petite body

It was an odd occurrence that it was for once Willow grumpy and sleepy when she woke up in the morning, and not her instead, so she's finding it particularly amusing. The previous night, the two spent in the empty Hufflepuff dorms, giving the boys some Marauder time in the quiet castle. They chatted the night away, Sirius and Remus being fairly dominating topics in their discussions until they fell asleep around midnight cuddled up together in the double bed like usual.

"You're a buffoon, my puff" She chuckles amusedly, snaking her arm around my waist to bring me into her side as my eyelids fluttered, resting my head on her shoulder.

"I know, I have been for many years" I mumbled, feeling her plant a kiss on my head as we drew closer to the great hall for breakfast, the castle fairly silent now most of the students decided to return home to spend some time with families and keep them safe at this time in the war.

"Buffoon since nineteen sixty" She grinned, humming when we both heard familiar voices and laughter as we drew closer to the room, my thoughts consumed by the idea of a smooth and warm hot chocolate.

My eyes flickered from our group of boys sat in their usual places in the middle of the empty gryffindor table, to around the hall to spot no other people around except a few professors at their table, including Dumbledore, Sprout and Mcgonagall.

The large Christmas tree was standing tall at the front of the hall, decorated festively by Professor Flitwick with his charms skills. The ceiling was enchanted just like for other occasions of the year, flurries of snowflakes dropping down, yet not reaching any of us as they magically stopped before we could get snowed on. It was a very merry and joyful sight.

Approaching the table, James raised his head from his breakfast, beaming at us charmingly and waggling his eyebrows,

"Morning, ladies"

"Why are you so happy?" Scarlette queried, slipping into the seat besides me so I was in between her and Remus, Sirius reaching over the table to take her hand and kiss her knuckles in greeting.

"Because he's a child and it's christmas time" Peter snorted, Scarlette agreeing with him there as James giggled giddily, Sirius rolling his eyes and resting his chin on his hand to gaze at the girl dreamingly.

Remus raised his head from his book to look at the hufflepuff beside him, immediately having to bite back his laughter at her groggy and sleepy state. She blinks up at him blankly with a pout on her lips, his lips up turning in the corners when she sighed softly.

He arched his eyebrows when she shuffled, hooking a leg over him clumsily before plonking herself on his lap between him and his boom to face him, whilst wrapping both her arms and legs around him and nuzzling her head into his neck. Placing his book down and giving in to his swelling heart, he rested his arms around her, placing his head down on top of hers and closing his eyes briefly.