ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 90

"𝖂hat next?"

"𝖂hat next?"

"Wrap and loop" She tells me slowly, holding her needles out to demonstrate, wrapping the piece of yarn around and looping them together like she said, a big puff leaving my mouth, copying her action with clumsy hands.

Euphemia watches in adoration as the veela twitches her nose and concentrates thoroughly, before turning to her questioningly, a sparkle of excitement shining in her different coloured orbs. She was over the moon when she had popped her head into the living room, asking if she would teach her how to knit because she didn't know how.

She felt her heart ache for the girl, who had obviously missed out on these moments she should have gone through with her mum, of course Newt had done a wonderful job as being both mother and father for her, but there's only so much he can do and know. And while Willow never had her mum to teach her, she never had a daughter to teach— even though she had taught James. So she really cherished this time.

"That's it, you've got it..." She coached with a nod of the head, a grin playing on my lips as I flickered between her and the knitting I had began, feeling a burst of happiness and achievement consume me from within,

"Really?!"

"Yes, really...now when you pick out, be careful because this bit can be a little tricky. If you take your time and be careful, it'll seem much easier" She hummed, my head nodding eagerly, slowly sliding the needles away from one another and pulling on the thread before repeating the steps we had gone through a few times, creating some sort of yellow square of knitted yarn.

"I think I like this" I murmured, seeping myself further into the armchair I was rested besides her, a soft smile on her face, continuing her own knitting, though she was much quicker than me, "It's not that different from sewing"

She pauses, turning to me with a curious expression, asking quietly whilst taking a sip of her tea,

"You can sew?"

"Not very well because my lesson was fairly rushed and it was only one a little scarf....but yes, I suppose so, James taught me one day last year" I explained, recalling the time he had called me over when Peter had gotten a hole in his scarf, remembering I had asked him how, pulling out his sewing kit he had showed me how to do it, and let me have a little go at it. It's quite therapeutic.

"Ah his sewing kit. He asked for that his ninth birthday, said he wanted it incase his future quidditch sweater needed fixing....and his friends too" She chuckled, my heart warming at her words, flickering my eyes up to a photograph of him as a baby on the mantelpiece, mumbling,

"He's the sweetest. He deserves the world and more"

"Interesting. He says the same about you. Besides Regulus.....and his obsessive romance with Sirius, you're who he talks about the most" She spoke mischievously, side eyeing the girl as her whole expression brightened even more, staring at the framed photograph of her son. Willow's the sibling she wished James could have had growing up, but she's glad they've found each other now.