ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 73

{Warning: Slight mature chapter— quite steamy-- you have been warned}

𝕴 doodled lazily on my parchment in front of me as Slughorn droned on at the front of the potions classroom. I should probably be listening as this was a NEWT class and needed to take it seriously, but I couldn't. Not with Remus sat next to me.

It's safe to say we got into our first big argument after the whole ordeal the other night with the Slytherins, Theo, and to top it all of when he woke up in the morning, he found Sirius and I in the common room of which we must have fallen asleep, my head laying on his lap as he had his head tilted back as he snoozed. It wasn't a compromising or any type of romantic position, and if i'd have found him and Scarlette the same way, I wouldn't have blinked an eyelid.

Especially considering the circumstances when I was fairly shaken up and he happened to be awake.

Remus didn't see it that way though, he saw it as I selfishly put myself in danger by leaving my common room and ran off to Sirius when it happened rather than going and waking him up. He's a stubborn arse when he wanted to be, no matter how often Sirius and I tried to explain and make him see our side of things, his anger got the better of him.

Which is why we were her, at the back of the potions classroom shadows, our chairs not as close as they usually are, he wasn't playing with my hair or whispering to me and I wasn't drawing on his parchment like usual. We both sat in silence, listening to Sirius and Scarlette's whispers in front of us like we usually did, my lips twitching when he chuckled, planting a loving kiss to her cheek, nuzzling his head against hers, my heart warm despite the slight ache I wasn't receiving the affection I usually would be.

It's been two days and we've barely spoken two words to each other.

He swallowed thickly, looking down at his textbook on the desk in front of him after watching the couple in front of him being lovey dovey with each other. He's stupid, he's so fucking stupid but he's overly possessive and protective of his girlfriend, he doesn't like seeing her in the arms of anyone else— and he'll have to get over it one day, he knows it, because they're his friends and they would never do that to him, she would never do that to him. He was just annoyed she didn't come for him with what had happened.

He knew Willow was a good arguer, she stands her ground and she fights her own corner. He's witnessed it many of times, he didn't like being on the receiving end of it. He hated arguing with her, he loathed it.

He sighed heavily, subtly shifting his head to the side to look at her like he had avoided over the past two days when they existed in a silence. He felt his heart drop in his chest when her eyes lifted slowly from her parchment to his, lacking their usual sparkle and gleam. Her hair was tied back into a messy pony tail, she had no make up on and she had indents on her lips from where she had been nibbling at them.

He feels guilt building in his stomach as he looked at her, how fed up she looks of everything. He'd gotten angry over something incredibly petty when there was more at stake, Theodore Nott, the death eaters, the hidden messages behind his words. He could tell she's been racking her brain over it, trying to figure it out, he had noticed her lingering gaze on the Slytherin table earlier in the morning, a puzzled expression on her face, one that was quite rare to see.