ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 117

"𝕸y head feels like it's about to explode" Sirius groaned, rubbing his temples with a frown, Remus glancing up from his potions book for a few moments to watch Scarlette lean forward and poke his forehead, mumbling in annoyance,

"Oh, I thought that would have pushed you over the edge, how unfortunate"

"How very kind of you" He scoffed, slamming his book shut with a scowl, Remus shooting him a pointed glare and hushed,

"Would you be quiet please?"

Sirius raises his hands up, peering to take a glimpse of the snoozing Veela in the werewolf's lap, the shadow of the tree branches looming over her worry free and calm face, her arm lazily spread out across the grass with her palm just about being kissed by the sun. They all snap their gaze to her fingertips when a Monarch butterfly lands gracefully, fluttering its intricate, tiger wings in content as though its just found a perfect spot.

"Only Willow-tree can have a butterfly land on her hand whilst she's sleeping" James snorted, looking intently at the insect as he lays on his front nearby, soaking up some of the daylight rather than revising like they had all planned to do.

"I once felt something on my hand when I was asleep....it was a centipede" Peter recalled, shivering at the memory, whilst Sirius cracked a wide grin, sighing in remembrance,

"Yeah, I put it there, your girly scream was something i'll never forget, Wormtail. Provided entertainment for days..."

"I was absolutely terrified, i'm glad you had some fun out of it though" The blonde boy muttered, returning to pick at the grass, his eyes wandering alarmingly around as though the species of insect was about to fly at him from nowhere.

"I'm surprised she isn't wading in the lake instead, she usually likes to see what she can find in there" Scarlette hummed, scanning her notes as Sirius weaved his fingers through her cocoa locks, coiling the curls occasionally, or tugging playfully to get her to look at him with a glare.

"Found her talking to the Fat Friar about religion again earlier, i'm not sure how she manages to find the time to greet everyone" Regulus pipes up in a mumble, giving in to the smile wanted to spread across his lips when he spies his boyfriend still admiring the butterfly as though it was the greatest delicacy on earth. It's the simple things like this that make him more attracted to James, how he manages to find the beauty in almost everything— much like Willow herself.

"She's a fluffy puff, 'friendly' is her middle name...."

"I thought it was Belle?" Peter spoke confusedly, causing them all to look at him incredulously, bar Remus who was too transfixed on her to look up.

He uses the scene to his advantage, soaking in the way her skin glows, the only comparison he can relate to be the one of an angel with a heavenly halo resting on its head. He let's go of his book with one hand, slowly tracing her cupid's brow when she pouted her lips together, the small furrow in her brows undoubtedly from the tickle of the calm butterfly sending a warming tingle in his chest and spreading right down to his toes.