ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 51

𝕴 sighed softly, stirring from my deep slumber, hearing the birds singing and the wood pigeons cooing outside my bedroom window

𝕴 sighed softly, stirring from my deep slumber, hearing the birds singing and the wood pigeons cooing outside my bedroom window. I fluttered my eyes a few times, keeping them closed as I stretched out my legs down the bed before rolling over, immediately cuddling into the werewolf's warm chest, nuzzling my head into his neck. He groaned quietly, draping his arm over my waist to keep me closer into him, a sleepy smile etching its self on to my face from being in his safe arms.

Remus stirs from his sleep when pearly hair tickles his face, a tingle from the brush against his neck and jaw. Lemons. It smells like lemons. Willow. He peeks one of his eyes open when he felt warm lips glide across his throat with a gentle hum, a tired smile teases his lips before he could help it, his body feeling as though it was floating on a cloud— she was the cloud, and he envelops the softness, sunlit in the warm morning glow of the room. He likes this— loves this, waking up with the veela. It's different to their naps, this is her own bedroom, her safe and free haven, and she willingly invited him in.

He glanced down, the blankets are at their waists, the white tshirt of his baggy to her figure as it gathers at her hip, a strip of sun kissed skin showing between her yellow shorts. It's not unusual to see Willow in her yellow, he's used to seeing her in her yellow and black tie every day at school— or her yellow painted fingernails, she has ribbons too. He's not ashamed to say he had a weakness for Willow in yellow, especially buttercup yellow. It's just her. Wholly.

I grin lazily when I feel him slide his warm hand up my shirt slightly, trailing his fingers up and down my back in all sorts of shapes and patterns, compelling me to relax greatly into him, sighing gently into his neck again. I like this, I really like this, waking up with Remus Lupin feels homely, natural, and fresh— if that makes sense. A new day, a new beginning, a fresh start with him by my side, not to mention he's one of the best cuddlers, or maybe that's just because i'm biased. But it's true, this feels right.

I raised my head out of his neck and rested it on the pillow in front of him, observing him mellow and calm from his sleep. His fair brown locks fluffed all over the pillow, his nose twitching every few moments, his pale pink lips parted as he let out shallow breaths. His cheeks were warm, and had those red lines over his scars from the pillow indicating he had a good deep sleep, which truthfully melted my heart a little.

"I can feel you watching me" He rasped out, groaning quietly again as he shifted, stretching his legs and feet like I did beforehand, though I didn't really focus on his words. I was more concentrating when I visualised the way he was drawing a heart onto my glowing skin, my heart soaring far beyond my chest, the moon and the stars, the universe. It was free and wild, because that's how he makes me feel, and it's bloody brilliant to say the least.

"It's hard not to stare when I have the most beautiful sight in front of me" I murmured quietly, edging closer and pressing my lips to the button of his nose, observing as his cheeks filled and the crinkles in his more apparent when he smiled whole heartedly, yet keeping his eyes closed as he responded lowly in return,