ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

𝕳alloween, October 31st

𝕳alloween, October 31st. A day when people all around the world dress up in what's meant to be 'scary' or 'frightening' costumes which are just turning more provocative and seductive each year we got older. If I showed up to a Halloween party dressed as a niffler like Newt dressed me in when I was three or a leafy bowtruckle when I was five...I would surely be laughed at despite how much I love those fantastic beasts. Mooncalf was age eight, one of his person favourites because he calls me a 'moon child' for never being able to sleep on a full moon, like a mooncalf that only appear on the nights of a full moon.

This year Scarlette and I would be going to the Marauder's Halloween party. I hadn't spoken to them since the incident with Snape in the hallway a couple of days ago, just existing in a polite silence the way I did before this year, well except I used to talk to Sirius in lessons I sat next to him in. We sat at the Slytherin table much to Regulus and Theo's pleasure, from which we watched the group do their annual Halloween prank at the feast before the party later at night.

The famous Halloween feast at Hogwarts was as great as it was every single year, dark clouds enchanted on the sky with jack o lanterns and candles floating above, sweets and chocolates of all types spread across the house tables. Treacle tarts, jelly eye balls, candy vampire teeth and lips, chocolate full moons, acid pops, pumpkin pasties, chocolate apples with sprinkles, toffee apples...all different kinds of treats, it was all on the table like usual.

But now it was time for the party, the both of us standing outside of the soundless portrait of the fat lady, knowing the sound out here would be a complete contrast to the sound inside. The brunette exchanged a glance with me, sending me a wink, my eyes rolling playfully despite the grin on our faces,

"Ready?" She asked, fixing the fitted black top she was wearing that was covering everything it needed to but was rather suggestive. It had a nice lace trim, across the v-line, her black, sparkly wings spreading out from her back, her brown hair curled into soft locks, dark makeup around her eyes to enhance her chocolate orbs. She looked as beautiful as always.

"Always" I spoke simply, addressing the fat lady in the portrait, dressed in some white robes with many grapes and fruits in her curly hair that led me to believe this was some portrait in relation to Ancient Greece,

"Password?"

"Fortuna Major" I answered with a smile, her head nodding, opening the door to reveal the Gryffindor common room which was indeed heavily noisy, filled with a sea of students, dancing, laughing and drinking. She slips her head into mine to keep me close to her, leading me through the crowd, people stopping and looking to us as we passed, sighing softly.

"Willow! Scarlette!" We heard Marlene call over by Mary, the both of them dressed in what they said they would be, a slutty rabbit and a stereotypical witch. They looked good.

"When you said a slutty rabbit..."

"I meant a slutty rabbit" Marlene nodded, gesturing to her white play suit costume that showed off her long spindly legs covered in fishnet tights, her blonde hair straight with floppy pink and white ears, an immense load of blush on her cheeks and nose and a little tiny carrot painted under her eye.