ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 148

"𝖂hat have you got there, Moons?"

Remus snapped his head up to find Sirius strolling over with a curious and interested expression, eyebrows knitted together when he gulped, fumbling quickly yet carefully to place the photograph back into his pocket just as the raven haired boy reached him. He inwardly cursed when his cheeks pinked, playing with the hem of his sweater, brushing off,

"Just some photograph of Willow, which you're not seeing, you nosey tosser"

Technically, it wasn't entirely a lie. It did involve Willow, but it wasn't exactly of Willow. The two of them had journeyed across the country to a private muggle hospital a few days prior for a check up on the baby. Weepy, joyful and happy smiles were shared between the both of them, brimming his heart with a stirring pot of love when they returned home to their cottage with a sonogram of baby Lupin.

It had barely left his hands since.

He often found himself tracing the curved outlines slowly, from their precious head, to their little sloped nose, rounding to their belly and down to their tiny blobs for toes. The jittery butterfly feeling he seemed to welcome in his stomach each time rivalled no other, just like the undefinable admiration and adulation he has for his buttercup growing their being on her own.

They had mutually decided they didn't want to find out the sex of the baby yet, as their parents didn't for them, heightening the thrill of surprise the day they were born — though he wouldn't be surprised if Willow had her Weird Witchcraft theories. All they could hope for was a happy, healthy baby, and they were more than certain their three grandparents as guardian angels were ensuring that.

He's stirred from his thoughts when Sirius snickered, poking his dimpled cheek, leading to realise he was unknowingly smiling softly, the Gryffindor boy mumbling with waggling brows,

"Oh, I see, it's one of those photographs is it? For the big one year anniversary, yeah? I'll leave it to you to gawk at, Moony, though I have already seen her in her underwear before— ouch!"

Remus scoffed, limping his hands back at his sides once swatting the head of him harshly with a glare, pushing past him towards the dining room the lowering numbers of the Order were beginning to gather in for their latest meeting. He shoved his middle finger up over his shoulder towards the boy guffawing behind him as he followed, patting him on the back.

Immediately setting foot in the door his seeking amber eyes locked onto his hufflepuff, a dreamy, warm mist blanketing him with a sense of comfort, beckoning him to a captivated state. How could she have gotten more beautiful? It hadn't been apparent to him before she'd told him the news a while ago, it hit almost like an epiphany with a sudden awareness of the golden, pregnancy glow radiating off her.

Sirius smirked knowingly, studying the way his friend's whole being relaxed and softened at the sight of his wife seated in her usual place besides his nattering girlfriend, her ring cladded fingers spread around a steaming cup of hot chocolate she occasionally brought up to her lips to sip. It didn't take a fool to notice Willow was Remus' safe haven, and it nearly made him burst into laughter when he remembered the day it came apparent he had a crush on her, the four of them nearly missing breakfast because he'd spent all morning staring at his reflection.