2: You're Pitiful

"Ah- are you saying... your family is... breaking apart?" Ron asked.

"Maybe it's just me that thinks this way, but I guess we are." Izuku answered. 

Ron could tell just by the tone in the greenette's voice that this was a serious topic, so he sat down and wanted to get serious about this. 

"What makes you think your family's breaking apart?" he asked. 

"Well... it's just that... I've been the only one in the relationship putting 100% into taking care of our kids basically 24/7. Kacchan's barely home and when he does come home, it's really late at night and the kids are already asleep. He's never volunteered to take care of the kids or do anything with them and will almost rarely ask if I need help. And though I know that being the Number 1 hero is a lot of work, he's not the only hero out there that is a parent. A lot of our friends are new parents too, but they've been doing everything they can to take care of their kids. Everyone except... except Kacchan." Izuku explained as she tried to fight her tears from streaming down her face.

"So then... did he ever really want to become a dad and take care of your kids from the beginning?" Ron asked. 

"I thought he would be, he seemed happy when I told him I was pregnant with Katsuma, but he didn't seem all that happy when I found out I'd have twins. I didn't expect to have kids basically back to back, but it just happened that way. And though he tried in the beginning to take care of Katsuma, it seemed like he didn't want to try and put in any more effort after I got pregnant with the twins." Izuku answered, wiping her tears away. 

"It sounds to me like you're the only one putting in the effort to keep your family from falling apart. Does anybody else know about this?" Ron asked. 

"No, you're the only one that knows. I just... I'm really worried that me and Kacchan won't last much longer. We've known each other since we were kids, and for our marriage to fail... I don't know how my kids will feel without a dad in their life. It's already hard explaining to my Katsuma that his dad is always working, because maybe... maybe Katsuma won't want to hear that same excuse sooner or later, and I don't want to think about that." Izuku explained.

"Hmm... sounds like your long relationship could collapse any second." 

"I know, and I'm trying really hard not to make anyone notice it. I'm just... I'm so tired–physically and mentally–that's why I was on vacation last week and didn't meet you until now. I thought that if I took a little break from work and focused more on the kids, then maybe things would feel easier, but now that I'm back at work, I'm drained." Izuku stated. 

"So then if you're completely taking care of the kids all on your own and he's not around... does that mean you've lost your love for him?" Ron asked. 

"I've never lost my love for Kacchan, but I fear that he's lost his feelings for me along the way." Izuku whimpered as she bit her lower lip. 

"Well that doesn't sound good, but let's wipe those tears away and listen to me." Ron said, handing the greenette a tissue. 

"Are you gonna tell me that it's a lost hope to even attempt saving my marriage?" 

"No no, in fact, I wanna help you!" Ron stated. 

"Eh?" 

"Actually I have a plan that you need to try out, and if this plan works, then maybe it will save your marriage." Ron answered. 

"What kind of plan is it?"