33: Demons

As they entered the hospital room, Izuku felt her heart drop when she saw the blond lying in that hospital bed and unconscious. He had an IV stuck to him and keeping tabs on his temperature, which the greenette should've known something like this would happen. 

"What could possibly be the quirk to affect him?" Izuku mumbled. 

Emra knew that the little greenette couldn't remember all the information she gave her about her distant family relatives, so she decided to elaborate the situation. 

"I might not be the one that's able to answer what the quirk is, but I know Emra can." Takashi noted. 

"Takashi's right, as this is a quirk from one of our distant relatives." Emra added.

Izuku looked at her cousin and wasn't sure who it could be. 

"Who... Who is it?" 

Emra gave her second to think and Izuku tried to think back to months ago when she was given all that information. 

"She can be a threat depending on who she uses her quirk on." "Dream Corruption." "To put it simply, depending on who her target is, she will endlessly give someone nightmares, and it's not just when the person is sleeping. She can be a dangerous one if you two don't work together against her." 

She remembered the information she needed, but what was her name? 

"Her name was-" 

"Amy Gem." 

Izuku jolted her head up and looked at Emra. 

"That is her name, and she's the one responsible for causing Katsuki to become like this." Emra added.

"Ah- That's right, you told me she has a quirk called Dream Corruption, and that it can give someone nightmares, right?" 

"Correct, and as I told you before, her quirk not only happens when the person is sleeping, as she can cause her quirk to drive someone into madness." Emra answered. 

"So then that must be why Kacchan looks exhausted, and it's all because he can't sleep." 

"Yes, and it seems he must've been trying to fight back these nightmares judging from his physicality, but it's practically impossible to fight this kind of quirk back because it's never-ending. It's already a challenge when having the effect of the quirk, but it's harder when trying to get rid of it." Emra explained. 

"And how do we get rid of it?" 

"We can't." 

Izuku felt her body go numb from that answer.

"W-We... We can't?" 

"The only way possible is by Amy herself taking the quirk off of him, but since I doubt that's possible, there's no other way." Emra answered. 

"B-But- But there has to be another way! Please, Emra, there has to be a way we can save Kacchan!" Izuku exclaimed as tears formed in her eyes. 

"Well... as much as I don't want to, there is another way." 

"What is it?" 

"It's something that will allow me to enter someone's consciousness, and by doing that, then I could be able to get rid of the quirk inside his mind." Emra answered. 

"You- You can do that?" 

"I can, but it's not an easy thing to do and it drains my quirk massively." 

"Please-" 

Izuku grabbed her cousin's hand and tears were streaming down her cheeks. 

"Izuku-"