28: Shivers

"Am I pulling too hard?" 

The greenette shook her head in delight as the warm air blew onto her hair. 

Katsuki forced himself to hold back when they were in the bathroom as he remembered that his wife was supposed to be resting, not having a make-out session in the bath tub. Now he was gently drying her hair and trying to stay focused on not ravaging her now that they were washed and ready for bed. 

He turned the hair dryer off and finished brushing her hair that now became frizzy and fluffy. While he was mesmerized by her soft hair, he just happened to look up and at the windows to see the clouds were moving fast. 

"It seems it might rain later today, so make sure she takes her medicine before the rain starts." That's what Emra told him before she left.

He got up from the bed, put the hair dryer away and then went to her nightstand, grabbed her medicine and handed it to her. 

"Your cousin said it's gonna rain later, so take it now before I end up forcing you to take it." Katsuki stated. Izuku nodded as she took the small bottle from his hand, drank the medicine and then she looked back up at him. 

"What're you staring at?" 

"What happened to the kids?" 

"I put them to bed, why else would I be bothering you?" Katsuki answered. 

"Oh, I see." 

'Yup, she's tired.' 

"C'mon, let's just go to sleep." Katsuki sighed as he climbed back onto the bed and pulled the covers over himself. 

"Hm? You're staying here?" Izuku asked. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't I? Don't tell me you're gonna make me sleep on the couch tonight?" 

"Ah- no no! T-That's not what I meant! I just- Good night!" she stuttered and then pulled the covers over herself and faced the over way and straight to sleep. 

'Did she get used to me sleeping on the couch or when I wasn't home? Arg- not gonna let it bother me.' 

"'Night." he muttered and went to sleep.

Hours went by and the sound of pounding thunder and crashing lightning came to the blond's ears which caused him to wake up. He sat up and looked at the window to see the rain was pouring down outside. 

'Does it have to be that loud? Huh?' 

Just as he finished looking out the window, he looked down at the bed to see that the greenette wasn't under the covers. 

"Wha- Deku? Where is she?" he muttered. 

He was about to get up from the bed and walk around the house to look for her, that is until he heard a very soft–almost subtle–meow from somewhere. He pulled up the covers but there was nothing there, but once he looked at the pillow where the greenette usually sleeps, that was where he found a fluffy Dark Green cat.

He lifted the pillow to see the little cat's face and could tell it was her once he saw the cat's big and Emerald Green eyes. 

"Deku?" 

Meow

The cat made direct eye contact with him and then jumped out from under the pillow and went straight into the blond's chest. 

"Deku..." 

He lifted his hands up to hold the cat and noticed how much she was shivering, but she wasn't shivering from feeling cold, she was shivering because she was scared.