57: Resonance

"You can take my life... BUT PLEASE DON'T HURT HIM! PLEASE LET HIM GO!!!" she exclaimed as tears streamed down her face. 

Dean was speechless with her simple plea, but then he smirked, and the greenette knew exactly what he was about to do. 

"I see... your wish is my command."

She watched as Dean swiftly released Katsuki from his grasp, and she watched as the blond vanished from her sight. 

"KACCHAN!!!!" 

"My my, you were so specific to say that you'd give up your life for him, but that didn't help when you told me to release him. Seems he'll be the one to lose his life first, beats two birds with one st-" 

While he was monologuing, what Dean didn't notice until the last second, was a Dark Green fluffy cat run past him and jump straight out the window. 

"What was-" 

"Mama!!!" 

Dean looked back at where he expected to see the greenette to be standing, but somehow she managed to turn herself into a cat, break free from the iced floor and jump straight out the window. 

"She- SHE JUMPED OUT THE WINDOW, JUST LIKE THAT?!?!?"

As she was falling, she could see the blond just feet from her, so she poofed back into her human form and tried to push herself to get closer to him. 

"Kacchan!" 

"Deku? Are you crazy!?!? Why'd you jump out the window after me?!" Katsuki yelled. 

She reached her arms out and somehow managed to grab the small blond and a smile grew on her face. 

"Thank goodness, I caught you." 

"THAT'S NOT IMPORTANT!!! Why'd you jump out the window after me?!?!" 

"BECAUSE! Because it's my fault that this happened, and I wouldn't forgive myself if you got hurt. I'll take the pain for letting this happen to you, because I promised to protect you." she said happily as tears fell out of her eyes. 

"Deku..." She pulled him into a tight hug. 

"I love you so much that I'm okay getting hurt to protect you." she mumbled.

The blond could feel how scared the greenette was as they were falling and getting closer and closer to the ground, but he didn't want this to be the way things went. He clenched his hands into fists to the point that his hands were shaking with fear and anger inside, as the greenette continued to hold his close to her chest. 

"Izuku." 

"Y-Yes?" 

She slightly released him as he looked up at her and smiled. 

"I love you too, and I'll protect you too." 

That caught her attention as she didn't know what he meant, but as they were approaching the ground, she could feel some kind of heat and smelled something strong and almost burning. 

'It doesn't matter what I feel or smell right now, as I'm going to protect Kacchan like he's always protected me.' she thought as she closed her eyes and accepted fate.

"It's been a couple minutes since the fall, do you believe they're finished?" Alex asked. 

"More than likely, I just can't believe that girl would do something so stupid as to jump out a window and go after him. And here I thought they'd be a real threat and try to do something to me. Hmph, what a foolish pair of imbeciles to think that sacrifice will really save-"