69: Villain

As the four of them entered the banquet, the feeling of being watched and talked about was a constant thought, and Izuku didn't feel comfortable with it. It's one thing if there were familiar faces talking about her, but the greenette looked at each and every face they walked past and didn't recognize a single face. 

'This is scarier than I thought! Is it really okay for us to be here?!?!' Izuku thought as she tried not to sweat too much. 

But once she felt the blond's hand clasp with hers and hold it tightly, she felt much more safe. 

'Right, I'm not alone, I can do this.'

When they arrived at the main hall, there were hundreds of people in the room, and the second the four of them entered, it went completely silent. 

Izuku glanced around the room and noticed something odd just from one glance. 

"Hey Emra..." Izuku whispered. 

"What is it?" 

"Is it just me, or are we the only ones wearing Black?" 

Emra looked around the room and noticed what her cousin meant and sighed. 

"You're correct, we're the only ones wearing Black, and all for good reason." 

"Eh?" 

"We're not welcomed here." 

That statement caused a shiver to run down Izuku's spine, as she looked up and it felt like everyone was glaring at her. 

'This is...' 

"B-But that doesn't really make a lot of sense Emra! We were told to wear these, so why does everyone have to stare at us like this?" Izuku nervously whispered. 

"It's just how it is, and though we were told to wear these dresses that they gave us, it's an evident sign that we don't belong here. Don't worry much about it, just stay calm and things will be okay." 

"I-I- O-Okay...."

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the director of Gem Industries, Mr. Royce Gem!" an announcer exclaimed, and everyone began clapping. 

As much as Izuku thought that things would be fine now that everyone was clapping at the introduction, it still felt like the attention on her hadn't vanished. 

"There he is." Emra muttered, which caught Izuku's attention. 

The greenette looked up to where everyone else was looking to see a man with Dark Red–almost Burgundy–hair and eyes, had a formal suit on without the blazer that was also Red, and he had evident wrinkles around his eyes and cheeks. 

'So that's Royce.' Izuku thought.

( Note: This is Royce Gem! )