72: Step Up

'This is it, this is the classroom.' she thought, staring at the closed door. 

"This is only the classroom, but the testing and building room is right down the hall once the students get used to creating new items and such. Of course you will only be teaching them how to create new items and suits and all the things about heroes and more. I'm sure you will be able to handle the first day well, right?" Nezu asked. 

"Y-Yes! I can do it!" 

"Wonderful, and did you bring your hero suit as requested?" 

"I-I did, but is there any reason I should wear it? There's nothing wrong with me wearing it, it's just that I haven't been doing hero stuff since I had kids. So I was wondering why exactly I have to wear it?" Izuku asked nervously.

"But you must wear your suit, you designed your own suit, didn't you?" Nezu asked, and that caught the greenette's attention. 

"Y-Yes, I did! B-But how did you know?" 

"Hmph, your husband liked to talk about you a lot when he started teaching here and how you designed his suit. So it doesn't matter if you haven't been a hero in a while, you still were one at one point in your life, and you understand what it's like to be a hero. I was interested in hiring you to be a teacher here because you're not only a hero, but someone who creates things for heroes. You understand things a lot more in depth for both heroes and the ones who create for heroes, and that means that I'm sure teaching students won't be a problem for you." Nezu explained.

"I-I- Yes, I'll work hard to make these students learn from the best!" Izuku stated confidently. 

"Wonderful. You have plenty of time until the students get here, so try to think of how to welcome them to their new school." 

"Yes! I will! O-Oh, and I'll change into my suit!"

Though she'd change into her hero suit pretty fast, the greenette ended up staying in the restroom trying to think of how to pull this off as a teacher. 

'Okay... How am I gonna pull this off?!?!' she thought as time was ticking away. 

It evidently only made the greenette think more and more about the situation that students were soon entering the school and going to the same restroom she'd been sitting in. 

'Think Izuku! There has to be some way to prove that I can really be a teacher here! It's a lot easier at the facility, but I'm surrounded by adults, not teenagers! I'm sure the other teachers here could help, but then Kacchan would probably find out, and that's too soon! What do I do?!?!'

"Did you hear? The Number 1 hero's gonna be teaching the Hero Course guys this year." 

Izuku flinched as she heard two girls entering the restroom, and she knew that this conversation was gonna be interesting. 

"What? No way! Everyone said he quit last year, so why's he back?" 

"Beats me, but I'm pretty jealous, and I'm in the Support Course." 

"Yeah, and I heard there's gonna be a new teacher teaching the Support Course." 

"Seriously?!?! Man, talk about bad luck!" 

That ticked the greenette, as it felt like people were already looking down on her when she'd never been a teacher before. 

"Looks like I'm lucky to be in the Management Course." 

"Dang, now I'm kinda regretting being accepted into the Support Course." 

"Good luck with that." the two kids said, leaving the restroom.