63: Invincible

After a few seconds, however, it felt like the attack she was expecting to hit her never came. The greenette slowly opened her eyes and immediately was frazzled by the sight of Katsuki standing in front of her, back facing Hayley. 

"K-Kacchan..."

"Papa!"

The blond coughed and blood spewed out of his mouth as he struggled to remain standing. 

"I'm impressed, you were able to move after my previous attack and take this one. However, I highly doubt you'll be able to stand up straight after taking the attack I just used." Hayley stated. 

"K-Kacchan... w-why? Why did you do that?" Izuku asked as a lump formed in her throat. 

"Be- Because... I'm allowed... to protect... y-you..." he muttered as it felt like his entire body was on pins and needles from the attacks he'd taken. 

"Kacchan... Please don't-" 

After a few seconds, he dropped to his knees in front of the greenette and was starting to lose his vision. 

"I-I... I can save... to win... too..." he muttered. 

"Kacchan, please stop-" 

"Papa!"

Katsuki tried with the last bit of his energy to lift his head and see his wife crying in front of him, and he tried to rest his hand on her cheek and he smiled. 

"I... I don't have... to win to save... all the... time..." he said and soon his body fell back and he couldn't move anymore. 

"No... no please... KACCHAN!!!!" 

"Save to win? What kind of preposterous statement is that? In this world, people can't rely on others to save them, that's a key rule of life." Hayley stated. 

As she remained sitting there and crying her eyes out, Izuku's kids were watching her and were worried seeing their mother weep so much. 

"Mama..." 

The greenette glanced over at her kids and Katsuma grabbed her hand and tried to smile to make her feel better. 

"Katsuma... Izumu... Izuki... right." She wiped her tears away and stood up to face Hayley. 

"Are you going to try and fight me? You've witnessed what I can do, so don't make this so difficult." 

"Katsuma, get behind me and protect your brother and sister." Izuku demanded. 

"Mama." 

"Deku... what... do you think... you're doing?" Katsuki muttered. 

The greenette stood proud and strong and answered; 

"I'm gonna protect my family... save to win."

( Meanwhile )

As the sound of crashing lightning hit their ears, a group of certain people heard it in the distance and looked up at the clouds. 

"Huh? That's weird, it doesn't look like it's gonna rain." Uraraka said, looking up at the almost clear sky. 

"Maybe you're just hearing things, Uraraka." Mina suggested. 

"Yeah, and I promise it wasn't me this time!" Kaminari exclaimed. 

"Man, I wish Bakugo was patrolling with us." Kirishima whined.

"What? Are we not good enough for you?" Jiro joked. 

"Hey, give Bakugo some slack, he's been focusing on his kids and Midoriya and doesn't work on the weekends anymore. It's not like we should demand him to stay away from his family." Sero noted.