47: Facade

"Get your fucking hands off my wife, you piece of shit."

The greenette sighed with relief just hearing her husband's voice this angry, and all for good reason. 

"Kacchan... hmph, took you long enough." she joked. 

"W-What?!? But I thought you left and wouldn't come back?!?!" Damian exclaimed with confusion. He watched the blond's lips begin to curve upwards and a smirk grew on his face as his eye dilated to only give the White-haired man a shiver of fear. 

"If you fucking thought I'm that kinda guy to leave my wife alone with another prick who thinks he can take her away from me–Heh–Then you ain't gonna live after this!" Katsuki stated and burst towards him. 

Damian couldn't even think of anything to stop the blond from coming towards him and blindly thought that one simple punch could easily knock him out.

He was right, as Katsuki threw a strong right hook into his stomach and caused him to instantly go flying and hit the wall and was K.O.'d indeed. 

"Heh- Looks like your cousin was right, he wasn't even worth using my quirk on." Katsuki muttered. 

"Mn. But that doesn't mean he didn't try to use his quirk on me." Izuku stated. 

"You okay, Deku?" 

The greenette looked up at her husband and instantly noticed how his expression that was shrouded in anger just mere seconds ago had vanished and now he was giving her puppy dog eyes filled with worry. 

"Ah- hmph, I am now, Kacchan. Thank you." she said as she reached her hand out to rest on his cheek and smiled. 

'Looks like Damian's quirk caused some kind of illusion on me that I really thought he turned my leg into ice, but now that Kacchan's here, I feel perfectly fine.' the greenette thought.

"You..." 

The couple jerked their heads back over at the White-haired man as he laid with his back against the wall and looked like he'd been turned into a punching bag. 

"Now what? You gonna try and use your damn quirk to make me think I lost?" Katsuki barked. 

"Heheh– Not exactly... and just because you made this one attack... doesn't mean... I'm down and out for good." Damian remarked with a subtle smirk. 

'What could he mean by that? Huh? Wait-' 

Izuku looked closer at Damian's battered body and saw cracks beginning to appear. 

"Ah- Kacchan, this isn't his real body!" Izuku yelled. 

Katsuki's eyes jerked from the greenette and back to Damian to see what she meant and could see that his body was starting to turn into ice. 

"Damnit, so that damn chick ain't the only one who can make fake clones." Katsuki muttered.

"So was all this a warning? Did you only create a fake version of yourself just to make us fear you?" Izuku asked. 

"Heh–Turns out you ain't all that smart, sweetheart." Damian chuckled, and that ticked Katsuki off. 

"What'd you say, you chunk of ice?" Katsuki growled with a burning gaze. 

"Oooh~ I'm so scared. Nah- This ain't a warning, cause the real me is in this building." Damian answered. 

"What?" 

"You might've thought that you'd be my only target, sweetheart, but I've got other plans and I'm going after something that's a lot better than a kitten like you." he said, as his tired but devilish grin somehow managed to make the greenette shake.