17: Effort

As the Sun cracked through the curtains, the greenette felt the bright light hit her face and caused her to wake up. 

"Erm... okay Sun, you got me to wake up." she groaned as she pushed the covers away. 

She opened her eyes, turned her head to see the clock on her nightstand showing her the time; 8:07 A.M.

'Looks like I'll be late for work- oh wait... It's Saturday, I don't work on the weekends. Then I should at least get the kids up and find something to do with them for the day.' she thought as she rubbed her eyes and glanced next to her to see that the blond wasn't lying next to her. 'Oh yeah, he told me he'd sleep on the couch last night to give me some space. As much as I don't trust Kacchan completely yet, I do miss how he'd hold me when we slept. He must've already gone to work and- wait- what's that smell?'

She got out of bed and pulled the door open and the scent got stronger and it smelled warm and kind of sweet. 

'What is that smell?' 

She ran out of the bedroom, stormed down the stairs and the second she got to the last step, she looked up and her eyes widened. There stood Katsuki in the kitchen–making breakfast–while the twins; Izuki and Izumu, were already eating and Katsuma was watching his dad. 

'W-What? Am I dreaming? Kacchan hasn't gone to work yet?' she thought. 

Eventually, Katsuki glanced up and made direct eye contact with Izuku as she remained standing there in shock. 

"Oh, you're awake." Katsuki muttered. 

Izuku watched as Katsuma turned his head and his eyes glistened when he saw her. 

"Good morning, mama!"

"A- G-Good morning. W-What's going on here?" she asked. 

"What's it look like?" 

"Papa's making us breakfast, mama!" Katsuma answered with joy. 

"I-I see, then do you need any help?" she asked, walking into the kitchen. 

"Nah, it's almost ready." Katsuki said. 

"Ah- okay." 

"Mama, I'm thirsty." Katsuma said, looking up at her. 

She looked at where the little boy was sitting and he didn't have a cup to drink from. 

"Oh, then let me get you a drink." Izuku said and walked past Katsuki and went to the cabinets. She went to the usual cabinet that had all the kids' plastic dishes located, but the cups weren't there like she thought. 

'Hm? I thought they'd be here like usual, unless...' she paused and remembered that Katsuki was the one that cleaned the kitchen the night before and he must've misplaced everything.

So she started searching each cabinet and finally found them in a top cabinet where the plastic cups just happened to be on a high shelf she couldn't reach. 

'Oh great, did Kacchan do this on purpose? No matter, I can just get on top of the countertop and-' 

But her thoughts were immediately interrupted when she felt someone lingering over her and they reached their arm out and grabbed exactly what she needed. 

She tilted her head upwards to see it was Katsuki–of course–and the second he grabbed the cup, he looked directly down at her and all she could do was blush. For some reason she couldn't help herself and started to get on her tip-toes, that is until she heard him mutter; 

"You're not gonna trip on nothing this time, are you?" 

She stopped herself and looked into his serious Ruby Red eyes.