7: Caught in a Lie

"Grandma Koko!" 

"Little Katsu, look how big you've gotten since the last time I've seen you!" Inko said happily, as the little blond ran into her arms. 

"Sorry I'm asking you to watch my kids for the day, I just have a feeling I'm gonna have a busy day today." Izuku noted, rubbing the back of her head. 

"Oh nonsense, sweetie, you know how happy I am just to see my grandkids, and especially the twins, they've grown so much since they were born." Inko replied. 

"You sure you'll be fine taking care of them, Katsuma has a lot of energy and can be exhausting a few times." Izuku asked. 

"Oh Izuku, do you know how much energy you had when you were little? Katsuma won't give me any problems, in fact, I can take care of your kids all day and have them stay the night, how about that? I'm sure you'll be able to spend some more time with Katsuki too." Inko suggested. 

Just hearing that suggestion hurt the greenette's chest a bit and she tried to hide her pain with a smile. 

"Maybe, I appreciate that mom. Well then, I should get to work before the airport gets busy. Be careful and have fun with Koko today, okay Katsuma?" 

"Mn mn! Bye bye mama!"

The loud alarm made the blond jump and fall off from where he was sleeping and hit the cold hard floor, causing him to wake up with a groan. 

'Why the hell is it so loud? Huh?' Katsuki turned off his alarm and looked around to see he was on the floor in the living room and just fell off the couch. 

'Oh yeah... Deku didn't come home last night and I ended up sleeping on the couch. This damn couch wasn't that comfortable anyway.' he thought as he stretched his back and forced himself to get off the floor and walked over to the kitchen. 

He looked around the kitchen and went to the fridge to see it was half empty. 

'It's been a while since I've had to make my own breakfast.' he thought as he grabbed things out of the fridge and then looked around his house again to see just how empty and quiet it was. 'I hate this.'

"Aw~ No kids today, so much for wanting to play with them." Melissa pouted. 

"Sorry Melissa, I figured since it's been a little while since my mom had last seen them, they should spend the day with her. I just figured I was gonna have a busy day today and not have to worry about the kids like usual." Izuku answered. 

"Hm. Oh yeah, Dynamite showed up here yesterday about half an hour after you left and was asking if you were here. Did you talk to him last night?" Melissa asked. 

That caught the greenette off guard, she wasn't expecting for her husband to actually show up at her work looking for her.

'He came here to see me, but what would be the point?' she thought. 

"Hm? Izuku? Did you hear me?" 

"O-Oh, y-yes I did. But I actually went to my cousin's place last night and didn't see Kacchan. I told you that I wasn't feeling all that great yesterday, so I thought if I went to my cousin's place, then she'd help me feel a bit better." Izuku explained. 

"Oh, I didn't know that. I hope that whatever you two are going through, that you'll get through it. I don't like seeing you look so down and out." Melissa noted.