51: Clockwork

"Izuku~ We need your help on this!!!" Melissa exclaimed. 

"Coming!" 

It's been a while since the last unexpected attack from a member of the Gem family, as it appears it's been a couple months now. Though the couple were told to stay on their toes and be on guard in case something bad would happen–especially since the last attack with Damian made him involve their son, Katsuma–but nothing of the sort has happened. 

So while they've been on tabs on the next move that could be possible, both Katsuki and Izuku have been having to train a little with Emra since the last attack. The training hasn't been easy–especially for Izuku–but they've managed to get better while taking care of their kids.

"Phew~ Thanks for the help, Izuku. I was really worried one of the new scientists would cause another explosion just by experimenting." Melissa sighed. 

"Of course, we don't need that to happen again." Izuku added with a giggle. 

Ever since the past two times where a member of the Gem family practically infiltrated the facility–AKA, Amber and Damian–the security at the facility has tightened and all newcomers are to have a background check as well as being checked before even setting foot inside the building. So now that they've tightened the security, it appears to be working as it's obvious that a member from the Gem family hasn't appeared.

"Hah- It's so annoying that even the people that have been working here for years have to go through stupid security check." Melissa whined. 

"It is what it is, Melissa. We can't help that the place got attacked twice." 

'All thanks to my family that I still barely know anything about.' Izuku thought. 

"Erm- But it doesn't make sense why you were basically a target in these attacks!!! Why won't you tell me who they were?!?!" Melissa begged. 

"It's all for reputation purposes, and it's not like I wanted to be a target anyway." 

"Mmmh... I hope these past attacks don't have to do something with when Rin sexually assaulted you years ago, I'm still mad about that." Melissa huffed. 

"It's better not to mention his name, so let's just try and get back to work. There are going to be a lot of new students graduating school from school that're about to be new heroes, which means we're gonna get busy soon on making more new suits."

"I know, but this isn't the first time, Melissa. And besides, we're both Assistant Directors, so we shouldn't start slacking off." 

"Yeah~ Huh? Hey, looks like you've got some company first." Melissa teased, as she turned the greenette to face what she was looking at. 

The second she saw what she was supposed to see, the greenette's eyes lit up to see her husband and son walking up to her and holding hands. But the thing that she didn't expect to see was Cole walking behind them. 

'Cole? What's he doing here? Don't tell me there's gonna be something bad about to happen.' she thought as she walked up to them.

"Kacchan! What's my husband and adorable boy coming here to see me for?" Izuku asked happily. 

"Mama." 

"Yes~ Katsuma, what is-"

Before she could finish her question, she noticed how different in tone her son's voice was.

'Eh? Did Katsuma hit puberty already?' 

"Kacchan, did something happen to Katsuma's voice today?" Izuku asked, looking up at the tall blond. But when she looked at the tall blond, something was off about him, as his expression looked shy and almost scared.