12: Unnatural

As the Sun shined through the windows and lit up the bedroom, the blond found himself waking up from the light. 

'It's too fucking early- huh?' 

He–for a strange feeling–felt something that was resting on top of him. It was almost like whatever this was was holding him down to the bed with its weight, and when he glanced down he, his cheeks blossomed into a shade of Pink. 

'De-Deku!' 

It reminded him of back when he and Izuku were spending time together when they were fake dating and he was filled with embarrassment and his heart was dancing in his chest. 

'When did she go back to normal, I didn't even notice that she wasn't a cat anymore, so how did-' 

"Mmmh... Ka... cchan..." she mumbled as she rubbed her head against his stomach. His face blushed harder, he hadn't felt this much emotion in a long time.

He looked around from where he was sitting and grabbed the pillow he was sleeping on, and placed it where he was and eventually the greenette wrapped her arms around it instead of him. He jumped out of bed and looked back to see she was still peacefully asleep, he let out a sigh of relief that he didn't wake her. 

'Damn, what the hell am I supposed to do now?' He thought and tried to think of anything that needed to be done in the house, but then remembered what Emra told him the day before. 

"I'll call Aunt Inko and tell her to take care of your kids for the night so you can have an easy time watching Izuku for the night." 

"Ah- the kids."

"Papa!!!" Katsuma yelled as he ran up to his dad in excitement. 

"Oh my, I don't think I've seen you pick up the kids by yourself." Inko noted. 

'Thanks for pointing that out.' Katsuki thought, trying not to think too much about it. 

"Papa, where's mama?" Katsuma asked, while hugging his leg.

"Is Izuku feeling a lot better? Emra told me she wasn't feeling well, is it something serious?" Inko asked with worry. 

Katsuki could tell that Emra didn't tell Inko about his own wife's situation, so that also meant that he most likely was gonna have to come up with something to cover up Izuku's depression. 

"She's fine, she just had a little fever, nothing that bad." Katsuki answered. 

"Oh thank goodness. I should've known she wasn't feeling well when she brought the kids here yesterday morning. She did look really tired, but I didn't say anything because I know she doesn't like me worrying about her. But luckily, she has you so you'll be able to take good care of my daughter." Inko said with a sweet smile.

"Papa, Izuki's awake!" Katsuma said, changing the subject as he ran over to the twins that were lying on the living room floor. 

"Oh, Izuki, did you hear your dad and wake up to see him?" Inko asked as they walked into the living room. 

Katsuki watched as the little twin girl pushed herself to sit up and raised her arms out to Inko who lifted her with ease and carried her in her arms. 

"Is Izuku at work now?" Inko asked. 

"Ah- no, she's at home getting some rest. She didn't ask me to pick them up, but I figured you won't need to watch them all day." Katsuki answered. 

"How nice and thoughtful of you, Katsuki. It seems you really have become a good husband for my daughter." Inko added, which only made the blond's chest throb at the bittersweet comment.