Chapter 14

Jiang Mo's evidence was sufficient, and Yu's testimony was in court. Jiang Jing's case was soon over. He was sentenced to death for murdering his brother and poisoning his sister-in-law, and the sentence was just one month later.

According to the agreement with the Yu family, after Jiang Jing fell from power, the next head of the Jiang family became the eldest son of the Yu family. After everything ended, Jiang Mo no longer had any nostalgia for Jiangzhou and was ready to return to the capital.

Gu Zheng has been really busy recently. He hurried back to the capital after staying in Jiangzhou for less than three days.

Recently, there was a drought in the northwest, and Xiliang was about to move. At this time, the emperor should have sent Gu Zheng to the northwest to guard the border in order to prevent the chaos of Xiliang. For the second prince.

The second prince went to the northwest for disaster relief. Gu Zheng knew that he had half of the Xiliang blood in him, worried that he would take the opportunity to do something, and secretly dispatched a team to the northwest.

The second prince was not in the capital, but who knew that the emperor suddenly fell ill, and there were not many princes left in the capital, so Gu Zheng naturally started to get busy.

Before leaving, Jiang Mo went to meet Jiang Jing.

Following the jailer into the cell, the feeling here is only gloomy and depressing. The jailer carefully leads the way. He knows that the person next to him has a distinguished status and cannot be neglected at all.

"You're here, I thought that until I died, no one would come to see me." Hearing the sound of the jailer opening the cell door, Jiang Jing raised his head, his tone was vicissitudes.

Compared to the last time we met, Jiang Jing, who was wearing a prison uniform, was much haggard. He sat on the ground with disheveled hair and sunken eye sockets. Because the crime had been convicted, he received no punishment.

After bringing Jiang Mo to the destination, the jailer left first, leaving room for the two of them to talk.

"It's rare that you are willing to come to see me now." Jiang Jing sighed and looked at his nephew standing in front of him. In a trance, he seemed to see his eldest brother when he was young again.

"I want to ask you, do you regret it?" Jiang Mo's voice was indifferent between joy and anger. This was what he asked for the original owner. In the original owner's memory, Jiang Jing and Jiang He were brothers of the same mother and their relationship. They have always been very close, and the original owner couldn't understand why Jiang Jing wanted to do something to his father.

"Regret? Why should I regret it!" Jiang Jing's eyes gradually became crazy, and he laughed loudly: "Do you know the feeling of having a brother who has been pressing on your head? Especially this brother is better than you in every way. Living in his shadow all the time, do you know what it feels like?"

"Cough!" Jiang Jing coughed violently because he was too excited, "I can't bear such a day anymore! Jiang He, he clearly He said he would not compete with me for the position of the head of the house, but what happened? In the end, he was the head of the house. He already had his own business, didn't he? Why did he come and fight with me!"

Jiang Jing will never forget that day. When Jiang He was granted the title of patriarch by the clan elder, he could only force a smile from below.

"So you killed him?" Jiang Mo's voice seemed to be soaked in a layer of ice. Is it for this reason that he desperately wanted to get rid of Jiang He's family?

"But you don't know why Jiang He took over as the head of the family."

Jiang Mo took out a letter from his sleeve, squatted down, and handed the letter to Jiang Jing, saying, "This is my father going to the Northwest. Please take a good look at the letter I wrote to you before."

Before Jiang He left, he knew that he would probably never return this time, and he left some messages in the secret compartment of the Jiang family that only the owner of the house could open. , I didn't expect that Jiang Jing would suddenly kill him, causing this information to be left to this day.

These things were given to him by the Yu family.

This morning, Mrs. Yu held a box and said to him, "This item should have been left by your father. I brought it to you." She knew that Jiang Mo was not good at their second room, so she left the item and left in a hurry. .

Jiang Mo opened the box and found that there were only three letters in it, one for his wife, one for "Jiang Mo", and one for Jiang Jing.

Apart from the one left to Jiang Jing, the other two Jiang Mo had already burned after opening them.

Jiang Jing took the letter and read it line by line, tears streaming down his face before he knew it.

It turned out that what he thought was wrong. At that time, Jiang He took over as the head of the family because there was a problem with the family business. Jiang He paid for it himself, and it took more than three years to bring the family business back to life.

Later, Jiang He asked him if he wanted to be the head of the house. He was resentful at the time, but he felt that Jiang He was not at ease, so he naturally shied away, saying that he no longer wanted to be the head of the house.

Jiang He went to the northwest this time. Knowing that he was in danger, he entrusted his wife and children to Jiang Jing, but what did Jiang Jing do? Not only did he attack his brother, but he also poisoned his only wife and even his brother. The son was not spared.

Thinking of his brother's care for him since he was a child, and thinking about what he did, Jiang Jing sat on the ground, holding the letter paper and crying.

Regardless of Jiang Jing's performance, Jiang Mo stood up and walked out of the prison. Once something happened, there was no room for recovery.

Jiang Mo walked out of the cell and happened to meet Jiang Hanyu who came in a hurry.

"Little Mo?" The

two have not seen each other for a long time. With Jiang Mo's intervention, Gu Zheng did not lose the chance to win the heir apparent. Naturally, the second prince would not have the same power in the world. Jiang Hanyu followed the second prince. , Up to now, he is still a Grade 6 petty official.

"Are you coming to see the second uncle too?"

Jiang Mo nodded, not wanting to say more, just as he was about to leave, he heard Jiang Hanyu whispering behind him: "Little Mo, what did the second uncle do wrong, as a family you shouldn't Forgive him?"

Jiang Hanyu rushed back after hearing the news of Jiang Jing's arrest, he didn't know that Jiang Mo already knew everything, he just thought it was because of business affairs that Jiang Jing angered Jiang Mo.

"Jiang Hanyu," Jiang Mo turned around, "Why don't you ask your good second uncle what he did, and,"

Jiang Mo approached Jiang Hanyu and said in a low voice, "I know exactly what your identity is, so you don't have to act like a good brother in front of me. Ask yourself, are you worthy?"

Jiang Hanyu suddenly turned pale. , he naturally knows who he is, the key is how does Jiang Mo know, no wonder Jiang Mo has refused to get close to him in the past few years, is it because he already knew everything?

Jiang Mo patted Jiang Hanyu's shoulder and turned to leave. He didn't want to have too much entanglement with Jiang Hanyu. He had made arrangements for the second prince. Jiang Hanyu lost the help of the Jiang family. When the second prince fell, the third prince came to power, the world The protagonist will never have a chance to turn over again.

Royal Palace.

The emperor overturned the table in front of him and said angrily: "What did you say? The second prince swallowed all the money for the disaster relief!"

"This, this servant doesn't dare to talk nonsense. According to the secret report, it is indeed the case." Huang The father-in-law wiped the sweat from his forehead and secretly hated himself for taking such an errand. He thought that the news from the second prince was good news, but...

"Tell me, I usually don't short him. How could he even be greedy for this disaster relief money!" The emperor walked around in the imperial study irritably, he really couldn't understand.

Eunuch Huang lowered his head and didn't dare to answer. He just wanted to lower his sense of existence and let the emperor not pay attention to him.

However, his calculus was doomed to fail. The emperor soon noticed the father-in-law who passed the news. He calmed down and said, "Father Huang, this is the end of the matter. I don't want anyone to know the news.

" Yes! Yes!" Eunuch Huang hurriedly knelt down and kowtowed: "The servant promises that no one will know about this after leaving the imperial study!"

"Well, let's go."

"Yes, the servant retire." Eunuch Huang withdrew from the imperial study as if he had been granted amnesty.

Soon, where the emperor could not see, a message reached Gu Zheng's house through a special channel.

"Tell me, what did our emperor think? The second prince made such a big mistake. Does he still want to give him a pocket? This disaster relief money should be a lot."

Jiang Mo leaned on the couch of the imperial concubine . Go on, I really don't understand, don't the general emperors care about the throne sitting under him the most? Why is this one so maverick?

"It hasn't been a day or two for the royal father to dote on Gu Chen like this." Gu Zheng's tone was flat, and he had no illusions about this father. He continued to peel a lychee for Jiang Mo and fed it to the other person's mouth. If it was before, he would have been very angry about it, but since Jiang Mo has, he doesn't care much about it.

To him, everything in this world is not as important as Jiang Mo.

Jiang Mo opened his mouth and bit the lychee that was fed to his mouth, and stuck out his tongue to lick the other person's finger. Seeing the other person's body was stiff and his earlobes were gradually dyed crimson, he couldn't help laughing: "It's been so long, why are you still doing this? It 's not funny?"

Hearing this, Gu Zheng's eyes darkened, he leaned forward, clasped Jiang Mo's head with one hand, and gave him a lychee-flavored kiss. As soon as the kiss was over, Jiang Mo rested his forehead on Gu Zheng's shoulder, breathed calmly for a while, and asked, "Don't you think there is

something wrong with the emperor's behavior?"

A father would be forgiven for shielding his son, but as an emperor, his son made such a big mistake, and it is rare to be merciful not to hold him accountable. nothing.

Think about what the emperor has done since the death of his mother, as if he had changed his personality, the suddenly favored concubine Gao Guifei, the deeply hidden Gao family...

"You mean, he was controlled?"

"No, If it is direct control, I can see that something is wrong last time I met, I think, someone may have hinted to him."